Expert driver's door alarm, how to disconnect.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ianhw77k
My Cars:

Expert driver's door alarm, how to disconnect.

Post by Ianhw77k »

After my old Synergie finally died, I replaced it with a 2010 Peugeot Expert. Amongst its many problems, one I can't solve is the driver's door alarm. The car thinks the door is open when it's not, which is fine but whenever you go round a corner or hit a bump, the car thinks the door is shut and then open again and I'm getting constant beeping!
Some days are better than others but it's getting ridiculous now. I've tried cleaning and lubricating the lock/sensor unit and adjusting the latch but nothing works.
All I want to know is, is there some way of bridging the sensor, cutting some wires etc?
I'm also not bothered about being able to lock the door, it doesn't lock anyway and I never leave anything expensive in there. I will be fitting deadlocks in the near future, I just want the beeping to stop!
1995 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD (Mine)
2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI (The wife's)
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Expert driver's door alarm, how to disconnect.

Post by wheeler »

I'd probably have a look in the wiring harness where it goes between the body & the door, pull the rubber tubing back & check for damaged/broken wires.
Ianhw77k
My Cars:

Re: Expert driver's door alarm, how to disconnect.

Post by Ianhw77k »

Thanks for the reply. From what I've heard this is a common fault with the sensor, which is now inside the lock mechanism rather than on a microswitch but I'll check the wires first.
1995 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD (Mine)
2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI (The wife's)