tpms Monitor...not monitoring !!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stafford_Mart
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC 1.6 GT THP 150 (2009) Silver

tpms Monitor...not monitoring !!!

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Hi Everyone.

I’ve got another problem with my 308cc that’s just cropped up coming in to work this morning.

I’ve had a slow tyre puncture for a while and 5 weeks ago I got a nail in a second tyre so decided to replace the four tyres as they were all wearing low.

I had these replaced and had one of the tyres showing up on the TPMS after a couple of weeks and was down to 1.8Bar. I re inflated it to 2.4Bar and that cleared the warning.

Having checked and adjusted the pressures at the weekend I now have the warning message “Tyre Pressures not monitored” coming up on the information pod and showing all 4 tyre positions.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what has gone wrong here? I understand that any car now fitted with the TPMS system get an automatic fail on the MOT Test if it’s not working or been removed and I cant afford yet another massive bill from Peugeot for fixing what is turning out to be a money pit of a car!!! :roll:

Thanks in advance

Mart.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: tpms Monitor...not monitoring !!!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

How long from when you had the tyres replaced did the Tyre Pressures Not Monitored warning come up?
If the tyres are rotated the TPMS sensors need re-pairing - so in this case if the wheels have been mixed up then it will have thrown the positioning out.

Post your VIN here so I can see which system you have, but I suspect you will need to have the dealer pair the tyres up again as it is likely that the ECU does not have the tyres in the expected positions.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Stafford_Mart

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Hi Marc

Thanks for the reply.
I had all four tyres replaced 5 weeks ago and it has been fine (showing one tyre below 75% after a couple of weeks).
I took the rear wheels off on saturday (one at a time) to clean the insides and they went back on the correct axles.

The warning message only came up this morning on the way to work after about 100 yards from the garage.

I've not had any problem up until then.

Vin No. is as follows: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Model is 2009 308cc 1.6 THP150 Manual 6 Speed GT.

Any help would be much appreciated as i was in the process of selling the car.

Thanks.

Mart.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 18 Sep 2019, 15:10, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: corrected VIN
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ideally I would need a fault code - any fault will be logged in the system - then I can help you towards the issue - but without it just a guess - the standard generic causes for the "Wheels Not Monitored" message is:
  • Deflation detection ECU
  • Wheel transmitter module
  • Radiofrequency aerial
308 wheels.PNG
The TPMS receiver is 10. Have you changed anything else wiring / electrical;ly recently - head unit for example? But if you can get it on diagnosed with Diagbox it will help with the fault codes(s)

Marc
Stafford_Mart

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Thanks for the information.
I haven't changed anything save for a headlamp bulb last week. It just baffles me as to why it went now and not when I had the tyres done.

I can check the receiver to make sure if it's been disturbed or something. I will borrow one of the diagnostic readers from work tomorrow and sort out at least a basic code to help with the problem.

Incidently is there a decent OBD2 code reader that is worth purchasing that is more of a generic rather than model specific unit. There are so many rubbish units on the market and cheap ones too I've no idea what to get for home use.

Thanks

Mart
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The preferred unit for PSA cars is Diagbox - which has just about all the dealer level abilities - but won't be any good for non PSA vehicles.

The problem you are going to find with generic code readers is that they often can't read the constructor-specific codes on CAN multiplexed vehicles or a lot of modern ECUs - so it's pot luck. Obviously the more expensive units have access to more manufacturer data and some will charge you for each marque you want to diagnose. Anyway check out the diagnostics section for a member discount from Easydiagnostics - they sell a broad range of kit - there might be something there for you:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=60112

Marc
Stafford_Mart

Post by Stafford_Mart »

hi
Just an update on the TPMS Problem.
Took the car to Peugeot 2 weeks ago and after checking everything they took the receiver out and said it was the receiver unit that was faulty. new unit was about £200. They ordered a replacement for delivery in a few days but when I came to collect the car the technician had put the unit back in and said that it was now working by some miracle and have cancelled the order.
So 2 weeks later the system is still working and it cost me nothing at Peugeot (that never happens to me)not even the diagnostic charge so was well pleased.
Touch wood, everything is going okay at the moment and got an oil change due this weekend (DIY) weather permitting.
My only problem now (something else) is the cabin isn't getting warm. See new thread.

Thanks for the help on this problem, it's good to get decent advice.

Happy motoring.

Mart.