C5 Throttle body issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 Throttle body issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just to confirm that the part number is 0248L1 for the Cylinder Head Cover. Citroen will want £126.95 Inc. for it

The gasket is part: 0249C2 for reference.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ADY-ULTRAS
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer

Post by ADY-ULTRAS »

If the PCV valve is damaged, should not leak some oil on it's lid as well? The lid is clear...
Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

Post by Doo »

ADY-ULTRAS wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 19:19 Hi and thanks for your reply!
I checked the turbo and the oil lid, both are ok. Definitely the oil comes through the throtle body, through that plug.
Now, I was thinking to buy the PCV valve, but I can see that the whole cover has a fair price and I think is coming with a new PCV valve already, no?
Yes, PCV valve, gasket, etc....all there in the new cover.

But before you spend, check. As my carpenter friend says, measure twice, cut once... In other words, test everything before committing to spend money. :wink:
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

Post by Doo »

ADY-ULTRAS wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 15:42 I looked again at the throtle body and took again some pictures. From my point of view, the oil comes from the big sensor and through the plug which looks full of oil on the bottom half. Can I take it out and add some sealant or can I find that sensor to buy separately? I was thinking to take it out gently and add some sealant but I'm not sure if it works.
ImageImage
Looking closer (on my lovely Mac) at the second picture, it looks like it's leaking through the throttle body and not out of the oil filler cap (or the 710 cap depending on where you're standing :-D ).

So while I'd be inclined to think it is likely caused by the build up of pressure, I just wanted to point out my error, and that was I suggested the oil may be weeping past the oil filler cap.

While on the subject, check the rubber hoses on each side of the throttle body are tight enough because the pressure involved, some mist may escape and cause the mess you're experiencing.

Always best to explore every avenue... :wink:

Good hunting :)
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
ADY-ULTRAS

Post by ADY-ULTRAS »

At the beginning I thought that the throttle body hose clamps were loose and I took it off and clean it but it seems like the leak comes from the plug and sensor from the right. Did anyone took that lid off? Should I take it off and try to use some sealant or just to replace the throttle body?!?
ADY-ULTRAS

Post by ADY-ULTRAS »

After I made the pictures, I cleaned that area and today I noticed that the moisture is comming back, but slowly. The thing is that I didn't forced the engine, maxim 70 MPH speed on motorway. So, if I run the engine smoothly, the leak is less. Now, it's the body throttle or the PCV valve? The leak comes through the plug again...
ADY-ULTRAS

Post by ADY-ULTRAS »

Update! Today I had to speed up a little bit as I was late to work and when I looked under the bonnet I saw that oil leaks around the PCV valve lid as well, so the next thing that I will do is to change the whole rocker cover. I will keep you updated. Cheers!
ADY-ULTRAS

Post by ADY-ULTRAS »

Hi guys! I changed the rocker cover a thew days ago and it seems like there's no leak anymore... but I'm still keeping an eye on it. :P