ConnectedCAM

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

starless
My Cars: DS7 Ultra Prestige auto in Perla Nera black

ConnectedCAM

Post by starless »

Hi all,

I've had my new DS7 for just under a week now. Yesterday I took it out for its first real trip and it was a pleasant experience. The ventilated seats were an absolute gem. I actually arrived at my destination with a dry back!

However, all good things aside, I have found numerous little things that niggle. I have sorted a few of these by trial and error, but I do find the supplied 'manual' a bit sparse. The manuals from my previous Audi A6 were about 4 times as many pages. Suffice to say that some equipment descriptions don't go into enough detail in explaining their use. Anyway, one of these description lacking items is the ConnectedCAM. I downloaded the Android app for my mobile phone and managed to get it to 'connect' with the cam, at least to logon and change the password. The wi-fi state just says 'no internet access' and I can't progress any further. Has anyone managed to connect successfully to the ConnectedCAM and transfer video/photo to thier mobile? If so, are there any detailed instructions on how to establish this connection. I've searched the Internet, but can't find anything other than the instructions that display in the app and make it sound so easy to achieve. Why is internet access required when its only supposed to be the mobile connecting to the camera? Any assistance will be gratefully received, otherwise it will have to be referred back to my dealer.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: ConnectedCAM

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's a video here for the ConnectedCAM system - using the C3 to which it is also fitted which may help. Although this is using Apple not Android, but I suspect it will be similar.

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
starless

Post by starless »

Thanks for your reply GiveMeABreak.

I had reviewed the Citroen videos, but they didn't help too much as they assume you connect first time; nothing about possible problems in the process. The Android version doesn't have all the screens that the iOS version has. From the Android perspective, I am still stuck in setup and don't seem to be able to get it to connect successfully to the camera. I have an iTouch (no phone capability) which I have been able to connect to the camera, although video and photos taken earlier don't show anything other than a static dark gray distorted blurred image (don't know what of though!). The video shows that it is 2 minutes long and when playing displays GPS co-ords and timeline, but no footage. I'll have to go back to the dealer and hope they can help, although I won't hold my breath.

Thanks again.
DS7 Ultra Prestige auto
Perla Nera black
ConnectedCAM
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Make sure your Android software is up to date - I know it's important for newer vehicle compatibility.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
starless

Post by starless »

I have Android 7.1.1 and this won't be updated by Motorola apparently. However, the ConnectedCAM app only requires Android 5.0 and above, so it should work. If a higher level than 7.1.1 is necessary, then it would mean a new phone #-o .
DS7 Ultra Prestige auto
Perla Nera black
ConnectedCAM