Citroen C3 1.4 sx petrol 2002. cant go uphill

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ljud
My Cars: Citroen c3

Citroen C3 1.4 sx petrol 2002. cant go uphill

Post by ljud »

Hi , guys maybe someone can help i have Citroen C3 1.4 sx petrol year 2002. fuel pump with two pipes and i dont know where is my fuel filter . On some forums i read that diesel cars has fuel filter but petrol does not that my fuel pump has kind of strainer to filter fuel and that is it . Is this true ? And what can be problem beside fuel pump ?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Citroen C3 1.4 sx petrol 2002. cant go uphill

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi and :welc: to the Forum. I am not going to be able to help you, but if you post up the vehicle VIN (which will, for security reasons, be obscured so only Moderators can read it) this will enable them to look up exactly what she had when she rolled out of the factory (including filters and their locations).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ljud

Post by ljud »

hi :) thanks for pointers but i dont know what vehicle VIN is ?
ljud

Post by ljud »

i have found it in the papers i hope i am reading it wright VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This is a TU3JP petrol engine. There is only a strainer on these engines and that is built into the fuel pump in the tank, so no filter to change as such.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ljud

Post by ljud »

Thanks a lot for answer !!!! I bought new pump but why my pump has two pipes attached and some of citroen c3 only has one (i tried to find on internet but failed)? And last question what can be problem with car beside pump that acts this way maybe fuel injectors ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The engines are different - so have different requirements.

You didn't describe the problem you are having, but it would be wise to get a diagnostic on the engine ECU and let us know what the codes are and then we can help.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Make sure to use a decent Lexia clone (and not a generic code reader), as this will be able to read all of the ECUs (whereas some generic readers struggle to even recognise what make of car it is connected to). If you are getting one for yourself make certain it has a full, up-to-date opto-chipset (as some clones don't so cannot manage the full range of tasks).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ljud

Post by ljud »

Sorry guys i didnt told you whole story , one year a go i had annual inspection of the car mechanic told me i have a leaking pump witch was true, i had gasoline on pump cap (its kind of normal for citroen c3 for that older model what i latter find out) man warned me about new pump to buy Bosch but i was short on money and i bought pump for cca 130 eur and pump was replaced . After 7 months car start to stutter (sorry for my movie english i dont know how to say it) i replaced electronic part on pump i dont know what is it . Then it was ok . Then i didnt drive my car maybe month or so , and my battery was empty so car wont start. I took my battery with me and recharge it at home , put it back on start the car and drive it few days.
And one day car started to act little bit strange ... i could feel that it is not responsive like before . I use to get great acceleration from him . I was approaching little slope in second speed but and he should be fine with it but now as i am pressing gas pedal he started slowly to die out , i had car behind me so i put on first speed and pressed gas pedal very harshly first nothing and then near pedal max accelerated like a rocket .
The feeling was not good, i was praying to get home (because i have few slopes to my house). Next two slopes he endured so i parked and try again tomorrow. Tomorrow was worst , i tried second speed up the hill nothing like i am pressing pedal for shut down my car not my gas pedal. It wasnt a lot of traffic that day , so i went in reverse 15 meters and tried in 1 gear(speed) nothing i was pressing gas car was dying .
Believe it or not car mechanic was 10 meters away so i left it there and he said that pump was faulty that pressure is not enough . That i should buy new pump and i said no and get pump from another citroen c3 he will replace it tomorrow.
I know when you read the story i look a little bit pain in the a** for not buying the Bosh pump but now i am worried that it isnt something else . I will send new update tomorrow .