Manned Moon Landings - Did They Go? - Of Course They Did/n't

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Manned Moon Landings - Did They Go? - Of Course They Did/n't

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
AJM C5
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: C5 Tourer Exclusive 2009, 2.0 HDi
Land Rover V8 LPG 1994
TVR Chimera V8, Tornado cam, Semi race

Post by AJM C5 »

For those still fantasising over the National Association of Space Actors' achievements of '69 and beyond, it's a good news day for you! Health and Safety have just passed the critical 'Launch abort system' that has been holding up man's return ever since (guffaw).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... l#comments

I expect many of you will be posting congratulatory messages through the DM, thanking Nasa H&S for continuing to give you hope that Neil (33rd degree Mason) Armstrong's famous words will be repeated again soon.. "One small step for Stanley, one giant con on mankind". Could even be as soon as 2024..

Meanwhile $*000,000,000s get sucked out of Nasa's back door into the Military Industrial Complex which has a much more advanced propulsion system than Von EX nazi Braun's doodle bug rockets. But that won't interest you, no no, don't investigate that, just do the usual, clap your hands and wait for your fish.
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

AJM C5 wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 15:55 For those still fantasising over the National Association of Space Actors' achievements of '69 and beyond, it's a good news day for you! Health and Safety have just passed the critical 'Launch abort system' that has been holding up man's return ever since (guffaw).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... l#comments

I expect many of you will be posting congratulatory messages through the DM, thanking Nasa H&S for continuing to give you hope that Neil (33rd degree Mason) Armstrong's famous words will be repeated again soon.. "One small step for Stanley, one giant con on mankind". Could even be as soon as 2024..

Meanwhile $*000,000,000s get sucked out of Nasa's back door into the Military Industrial Complex which has a much more advanced propulsion system than Von EX nazi Braun's doodle bug rockets. But that won't interest you, no no, don't investigate that, just do the usual, clap your hands and wait for your fish.

Where do you get your information, Lord Lucan?
Oh buggle
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, I've long held the view that all the money sucked into NASA was blown out the thrusters into compartmentalised black projects. I mean what better way to hide the funding.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Can we book a ticket on the next moon flight for AJM C5, it's the only way the dolt will get to the truth. :roll:
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
doctle

Post by doctle »

Ex smokers, reformed alcoholics, born again Christians and conspiracy theorists are some of the most illogical closed minded people I have had the misfortune to encounter.
Oh buggle
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Now now chaps - let's not stoop to name calling [-X

I think you'll find that it's the people with closed minds that are unable to reason. If something makes sense to you, accept it for what it is, if not reject it - simples.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

myglaren wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 16:28 Where's that Neil? Looks familiar.

I'll clear that up for you.....opposite the central library in the pedestrianised bit known as Princess Square and the Man on the Moon" has long gone, although continued on to the mid-late seventies as an oasis for the under-age drinker!

rEgards Neil

PS to offer a car-related triviality to the weighty debate, did you know the crew of the Apollo XII, received matching Corvette Stingrays in a special gold and black livery. Came up on Classiccarrescue episode on the Corvette Stingray which I just happened to catch on Monday.
Here's a trivia question which would stump me....Apollo 11 crew easy to name, Apollo 12 wouldn't get a single one without looking it up. So who are they? 5 points for 1, 10 for 2, and 50 for all three without looking it up!

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
doctle

Post by doctle »

If something makes sense to you, accept it for what it is, if not reject it - simples. Like creationism, 4000 year old universe made in 7 days? Almost parallel with the planted lunar vehicles is the "God buried dinosaur bones to fool us" explanation. Anyone still believe in phrenology? It was a "science" in the 1800's now it's totally discredited same as judging peoples intelligence by the shape of their brow or the colour of their skin. Sure there are some people that believe such nonsense but they are and have to be called out on it, same as the holocaust deniers and revisionists.
I'm not sure how much of this thread is a wind up (part I assume)
Oh buggle
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 20:56
myglaren wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 16:28 Where's that Neil? Looks familiar.

I'll clear that up for you.....opposite the central library in the pedestrianised bit known as Princess Square and the Man on the Moon" has long gone, although continued on to the mid-late seventies as an oasis for the under-age drinker!
Thought it looked familiar - we often used to park in the John Dobson street car park - I also used to use an opticians in Princess Square (University Opticians)
Wasn't Trillions there too?
NewcastleFalcon

myglaren wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 21:53 Wasn't Trillions there too?

Same place Steve, The Man on the Moon changed names first to Jubilee77, then Jubilee, and then Trillians. Some debate as to whether it started out as "Man in the Moon" morphing to "Man on the Moon" in 69.
and the brewery.....Vaux from Sunderland creating the first "modern"/ "space-age" bar in Newcastle.

Skyscrapercity.com has some really good modern history stuff on Newcastle/Tyneside

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 02 Jul 2019, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Ah, I think I can see what has happened here. Somebody has seen the fictional film "Capricorn One", mistaken it for a factual documentary, and has then believed all of the conspiracy theories that state the Man never went to or landed on the Moon. Can anybody please help these delusional souls?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricorn_One
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 22:02
myglaren wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 21:53 Wasn't Trillions there too?

Same place Steve, The Man on the Moon changed names first to Jubilee77, then Jubilee, and then Trillians. Some debate as to whether it started out as "Man in the Moon" morphing to "Man on the Moon" in 69.
and the brewery.....Vaux from Sunderland creating the first "modern"/ "space-age" bar in Newcastle.

Skyscrapercity.com has some really good modern history stuff on Newcastle/Tyneside

Regards Neil

Brilliant Neil! The kids used to frequent Trillians.

A former next door neighbour, when we first came to Washington, worked for Corning glass in Sunderland, they were going down the tubes and he got a very good job working for Vaux.

His name?
Adrian Beer :mrgreen:
NewcastleFalcon

In my hitch-hiking phase I remember getting a lift with a chap who was doing a PhD. Made me chuckle when I asked him what was the subject? He said "Its going to be difficult, but, I am attempting to come up with a scientific method to make Vaux beers drinkable."......harder than landing a man on the moon! (tongue-in-cheek emoticon :-D )

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
AJM C5
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: C5 Tourer Exclusive 2009, 2.0 HDi
Land Rover V8 LPG 1994
TVR Chimera V8, Tornado cam, Semi race

Post by AJM C5 »

While awaiting more Citroen gear and looking for extra bits to make my C5 perfect today, I thought I might like to get a new wristwatch having recently just given away the only watch that mattered. And I came across some Moon Phase watches, some quite nice. Lots of buttons to push, dials galore etc, but one had little inset pictures that really took my fancy. It has four dials, excluding the main face obviously but even that has a smashing picture of three miserable astronauts after just returning from the greatest mission of mankind's history on it. The first dial is hours.. standard stuff but the underlay picture is what looks like Buzz Aldrin running around trying to punch somebody who's holding a Bible, most bizarre, second one is a cgi image of laser reflectors on the lunar surface probably making out they were left there by some Apollo mission or something, third one is of a set of golf clubs and a golf cart on a trailer... which one imagines is how the Apollo missions probably got the cart there.. I mean buggy, and the last one is of a Hasselblad camera on a tripod pointing at the Apollo 11 lunar module blasting off from the studio surface aided by guy wires... sorry, LUNAR surface. Comes in a super little box too, inscribed by ex CIA Director William Casey, it says 'We will know when our disinformation programme has worked when everything the public believe is false'. Wow I thought, how true is that?! Only $6.66, brand name Doctle & Gibbo (never heard of it) with a little capstan over it...and says 10% reduction for ex secret services and Masons, excluding Apprentice level charity front UI's, don't know what that means myself, but overall pretty impressive I thought.