C5 2.0L X7 2013 RT6 Sat Nav

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: C5 2.0L X7 2013 RT6 Sat Nav

Post by Paul-R »

What do you mean by loading all the maps? If you mean updating them all then it's up to you how many you want to do. You could do just the countries you regularly visit or you could do them all if leaving one country a bit older than others upsets your OCD. Guess which way I go!

Does it display "Please insert navigation CD" when the pen drive is inserted and you switch on or with the pen drive out? If when it's out that shouldn't happen and I'm not sure why it's saying that. Maybe as hangover from when you mistakenly updated the system firmware?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Estately
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 00 Xantia 2.0 HDI 90 bhp Estate 237k Gone to New Home
07 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive Estate 211k. Gearbox selector failed.
10 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Auto Exclusive Estate. Px'd
13 C5 2.0 HDI 160 Manual Exclusive Tourer.

Post by Estately »

As you suggested the maps loaded are the ones I think I will need plus the Scandinavian map that failed.
There are maps on the system uploaded off the dodgy pen drive that appeared to complete OK and although I am unlikely to need a map for Albania etc I think that the concensus is to load the lot.
I feel a journey coming on.

Switch on with pen drive in, then the display is straight into the option to load maps needing confirmation of Vin and entering of the code.
Back out of that screen and the checking message is diplayed followed after a few moments by the navigation CD message.

Switch on no pen drive, then the navigation CD message is displayed immediately and putting the pen drive in whilst displayed makes no difference.
only pressing another button clears the message and although the up to date UK map is now loaded the location point is still inaccurate.

Thanks

Andy.
If it can happen it will.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Estately wrote: 11 May 2019, 22:06... the location point is still inaccurate.
Are you saying that the arrow showing where the car is currently situated is incorrect? That could be something else entirely. Possibly the roof antenna or the radio unit.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Estately
(Donor 2022)

Post by Estately »

Right Thanks,

Not a mapping issue then, though only started with the map updates but stranger things have happened.

I wiill let you know of the map updates and any progress with the display and messages if that's OK.

Cheers

Andy.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I’m going to jump in here, as you may have the GPS Week Number Roll Over issue.

To fix this, go into the settings for date and time, and unselect the ‘Synchronise time with GPS’ option. This can resolve the incorrect positioning information as a result of the April 2019 change.

Give it some time to recalibrate and see if that sorts your issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I've not had that problem with my system although I suppose it's worth a try.

I'm still not sure whether the arrow showing the car's position is correct or not.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This is PSA's advice, however others have also reported altitude being wrong as well as positioning - and ETA calculations out. So depending on what they do about it if anything from feedback will be a matter of waiting to see. As usual, feedback from PSA is at escargot pace.

Marc
Estately
(Donor 2022)

Post by Estately »

Well firstly I must thank Paul_R and GiveMeABreak for their expertise and advice in getting my sat nav working.

On the subject of the GPS Week Number Roll Over issue I had forgotten that Saturday April 6th I was in Barnsley, a town quite unknown to me, nothing amazing about that.

On approaching Barnsley the sat nav lost all its bearings and was really of no use, luckily my son in law was with me and we used Google maps off his phone to navigate to our destination.

As others on the forum have commented the sat nav did occasionally give strange directions and arrival times both before and after the Barnsley incident.

I just assumed that the journey settings had been readjusted.

Resulting from the above, decided to update the maps and got sold what purported to be the latest maps on what turned out to be a dodgy USB/pen stick. A couple of map areas failed to load with faulty media messages and that rendered the car ‘s navigation useless. (Very frustrating to say the least)
The location was constantly inaccurate if the maps would load at all.

So this morning unselected the GPS time synchronisation prior to a shortish journey. Nothing happened immediately.
Then uploaded and overwrote all the maps to the true latest 42028 issue thanks to help from Paul_R.

I am pleased to say that the navigation system has now returned to normal and is once again functioning correctly and is useable.

During the initial attempt to load the new maps and correct the system I bought and loaded the 2.86B firmware. (Already up to that level but try anything to get it going was the thought).

Interestingly the accompanying technical documentation cites several faults that this latest firmware is meant to correct such as:
Message “Zone not mapped”
Approximate geolocation in spite of satellite reception
Disconnection of Bluetooth with certain iPhones
Frozen or black screen on or shortly after start up.

Thanks to the Forum and a great relief.

Andy.
Estately
(Donor 2022)

Post by Estately »

Just another thought.

Updating the system particularly the firmware means keeping the engine running whilst stationary to avoid eco mode cutting the sat nav/radio and a toasting of the system.
You can drive whilst map loading but for firmware this is a no no.

My blower control module failed causing the blower to go full pelt and I don’t think that it is a coincidence that the engine was running whilst stationary for an extended period of time.

I would be interested to hear from those better informed than me if it would be worthwhile disconnecting the electrical terminal block off the module if extended stationary tick over is expected.

Could the “eco mode accessories switch off” be avoided by trickle charging the battery with just sat nav/ radio switched on and engine not running?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Andy, I don't really think the Blower Control Module has anything to do with idling for extended periods - it is just coincidence. Economy mode will only give you max. 30 minutes when your battery is in top condition anyway. That will be regardless if you have a solar panel or other device trickle charging it. The system is managed by the Battery Charge Status Unit, which does lots of other calculations on the battery to decide when it switches off etc.

I did do a modification on mine to handover control from the BCSU to the BSI, as I wasn't previously getting more than a few minutes off my Head unit with engine switched off. See my post here for info and details if you have a Lexia / Diagbox:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60776

Marc
Djb21
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 (2015)

Post by Djb21 »

Did you fix this as my car is doing the same :(

Kind regards

Debbie
bobskip
My Cars: Citroen C3 Picasso Platinum Purtech

Post by bobskip »

I’ve just managed to solve the same problem on my C3 Picasso RT6 system after five months of trying. The problem arose during an upgrade. I carried out the upgrade for France first which appeared to go OK. However the problem occurred when I tried the UK upgrade which paused necessitating switching off the engine. I ran the UK upgrade again a number of times apparently successfully but the dreaded “Check in progress” and “Please insert navigation cd” appeared every time at startup afterwards. Today I decided, as a last resort before removing the unit and sending it to Cartronics for repair, to run the France upgrade again. Happily all is back to normal now. I surmise it was indeed the first France upgrade that was at fault.