The Pickled Egg trivia quiz

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: The Pickled Egg trivia quiz

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

bobins wrote: 08 May 2019, 18:52 It took a bit of time, but the penny has dropped........ or should that be 'The Eagle Has Landed' :)

Yes well done Bobins, as well as getting the correct answer, you have stemmed my tide of irrelevant connected facts!

You may be interested in this which I came across in my meanderings around the classic auctions. It's a former West Sussex Fire Brigade Series III Landrover (109) with 19,000 miles on the clock, and no reserve courtesy of Brightwells May 15th 2019. Spent most of its working life around Selsey.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I'll have to ask my mate if he ever drove that Fire Brigade LandRover as he was many years in the fire service around here :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 08 May 2019, 18:09 Yes the unanswered question
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 08 May 2019, 17:40 Whats the link between Charlestown (Cornwall) and Mapledurham (Oxfordshire) :?:
Irrelevant fact number 2
Anyone remember Hawkwind?
Well guess what, Alan Arthurs, who toured with Hawkwind for 10 years, and was responsible for many of their album covers, as well as their stage sets, is now based near Charlestown in Cornwall. Because "Alan does not do social media, computers or the internet" he sells his work through the Atishoo Gallery in Charlestown
As for Hawkwind, they are having a 50th Anniversary tour this year! and doing Glastonbury.

Regards Neil

Not for their music but as customers in my shop. :-D "Returning to England, the band went to Clearwell Castle to rehearse," My shop and garage business was at Clearwell.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.