That old depollution system fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dodger010

That old depollution system fault

Post by dodger010 »

Citroen c5 1.6 hdi 2007 vtr
Hi I have had a depollution system fault for a few weeks it has go off a few times and came back on.
It all started with a particulate fault that the garage said was due to low fluid and topped it up to be replaced with the depollution fault, when that was put on the fault reader it came back with mass air flow sensor fault so I have fitted a new sensor but it has not cleared. Does it have to be cleared by a computer or should it have cleared on its own? I also have a oil leak on the turbo and the seal from the turbo to the maf is split ( sorry about all this). Is there anything I can do about the oil leak without having to replace the turbo? I will replace the seal tomorrow. Apart from that the car drives well lol
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: That old depollution system fault

Post by Stickyfinger »

Is the garage using a suitable code reader ?
Without a Lexia I do not think you can reset the Eolys level.
Splits in the induction pipe work can throw off the MAF...give false fault readings.
I would worry about a turbo oil leak, from where is the leak ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
dodger010

Re: That old depollution system fault

Post by dodger010 »

Yes the codes for the Eolys was cleared the warning for the depollution has gone now but as it has been intermittent we will see, but it is now sounding rough in low gear but better from third up. I will clean the turbo and try and locate the leak.