Needing A C2 Wiring Diagram

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dibber
My Cars: Citroen C2 Furio

Re: Needing A C2 Wiring Diagram

Post by Dibber »

I can only identify two areas as those were the ones I was trying to trace. All four signal wires from the injectors to ECU are incorrect, I could only get two wires to the ECU to marry up with the pin outs on the ECU for the coil pack. I forget what they were now... :rofl2:

Tomorrow I think I will try to trace the injection signal wires back to the ECU. If I can find the pin identifiers on the ECU then that will be useful for a visual reference to potentially the right diagram. I am fairly certain SEDRE does not have the giagram for mine but the same ECU might be used on the likes of a 206. Do you have access to Peugeot wiring diagrams Marc?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I do, but without a build date and specific options I have nothing to go on. There would be too many returned and I’d have no way of knowing if they were relevant. I will look at the same engine and spec from another model and see what turns up, but all the coil pack wiring seems the same 4 wires that are split into at least 2 separate injection ECU plugs.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

xantia_v6 wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 23:53
Dibber wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 21:21 My coil pack was a Johnson Controls brand as well. I believe the ECU is original but will maybe pull out the ECU and see if I can get a manufacturing date code. I was wanting to check resistance readings on injector and coil pack wires. Using the first diagram pin outs none of the injector wires showed any continuity to the corresponding pins on the ECU. Two of the coil pack wires appeared to be correct but the remaining two did not tally up.

Are you absolutely sure that you are interperating the pin numbers on the plug correctly? For a given make of ECU it would be unusual for the pin allocations to move around.

Yes I am 100% certain. I would have thought even though these cars have several brands of ECUs Citroen would have mandated the wiring to be the same across all of them.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've just looked at a 2005 206 1.1 but that has the TU1JP and that uses a Magneti Marelli Injection, so not getting anywhere fast on this. Your engine is in the last column.

But in most cases - whether the MM system or in the case of the 2 previous wiring diagrams I posted, the 4 wires are the same - but 3 of the wires (1151, 1135 & 1152) all end up in 1 or 2 plugs of the engine ECU with 1150 going to a relay supply or similar.

1151: Lighting 1 command
1135: Ignition integrated phase detection signal
1150: Ignition coils power supply
1152: Lighting 2 command
ENGINE TYPE:TU1JPTU1JPTU1JP - TU1ATU1A
Engine codeHFYHFX-HFZHFX-HFZHFX-HFZ
Cubic capacity1234 cc1234 cc1234 cc1234 cc
FuelES RON95ES RON95ES RON95ES RON95
Maximum power40 kW44,1 kW44,1 kW44,1 kW
Engine speed at maximum power5600 rpm5500 rpm5500 rpm5500 rpm
Maximum torque91 daNm94 daNm94 daNm94 daNm
Engine speed at maximum torque2600 rpm3500 rpm3300 rpm2700 rpm

Marc
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Thanks Marc. I revisited the wiring diagram I had printed out which was the first one you posted I believe.

I looked for continuity again on the injector multiplug to ECU pin outs and still got nothing. I then tried every pin on the three multiplugs on the ECU. Still nothing. At that point I realised something was very wrong.

Well it turns out my multimeter has wiring issues of it's own. The test leads appear to have internal breaks or one did. Can't believe it. I used another spare meter to test continuity of meter lead and yes it's dead unless you bend the wire in a certain fashion.

What an idiot I feel!!! Using my other meter I got continuity on all injector to ECU pins in the wiring. Only iffy thing is a couple of wires are not the colour specified in the diagram.

Tomorrow I will test the coil pack wiring again. I think I got two pins on that to give a reading but must have been the test lead just orientated the right way to make a connection.

Sedre wiring interpretation is a bit of a learning curve to use. There is a lot of back and forth with it but in some aspects it's actually quite good except when you get rakes of wires with no specific wiring colours!! Makes it near impossible to figure stuff out...

Thank you muchly for your efforts Marc.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I’ve used many manufacturers wiring diagrams over the years & have to say PSA wiring diagrams are by far the best i have ever used, especially when all 3 pages of each diagram are used. Each diagram has 3 pages, the schematic like the ones above, page 2 shows the exact route of each wire from where it starts to where it ends then the 3rd page shows the location of each harness, component, splice & connector.
Remember on PSA cars wiring identification is prioritised by the codes printed along the wires first, not by colour.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Dibber wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 16:37 Thanks Marc. I revisited the wiring diagram I had printed out which was the first one you posted I believe.

Well it turns out my multimeter has wiring issues of it's own. The test leads appear to have internal breaks or one did. Can't believe it. I used another spare meter to test continuity of meter lead and yes it's dead unless you bend the wire in a certain fashion.

What an idiot I feel!!! Using my other meter I got continuity on all injector to ECU pins in the wiring. Only iffy thing is a couple of wires are not the colour specified in the diagram.

Thank you muchly for your efforts Marc.
No worries - the colours are not always the same that causes confusion it has to be said - but at least you have found your main issue with the multimeter!

Marc
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

wheeler wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 17:00 I’ve used many manufacturers wiring diagrams over the years & have to say PSA wiring diagrams are by far the best i have ever used, especially when all 3 pages of each diagram are used. Each diagram has 3 pages, the schematic like the ones above, page 2 shows the exact route of each wire from where it starts to where it ends then the 3rd page shows the location of each harness, component, splice & connector.
Remember on PSA cars wiring identification is prioritised by the codes printed along the wires first, not by colour.

I thought I saw some writing on the wires today! Thanks for that nugget of info. That's very useful to know.