radio and others stuff install in C5 2004 - need help :)

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

toma
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.2 HDI 2004

radio and others stuff install in C5 2004 - need help :)

Post by toma »

hello everyone :)
I need little help. Five months ago, I took Joying radio along with a bunch of extra things I think to put up with (front and rear camera shooting, anti-theft cameras (who knows maybe someone take radio, car is safe :rofl2:
), parking sensors ahead and back, back driving camera and motion picture camera.

What I'm interested in for the first part of the job is the following:
1. how to additionally place the fan (to the place where the radio unit enters, since there is very little space), to additionally cool the joying unit since i was reading it could be additionally heated due to the p5x chip

2. In the picture you see how i just tested joying how it works. He would stand that way, but I would raise it up for the other 2 rows of these mid-flute openings, so I'm afraid not to blow me into cold or warm air (not to break). Do I permanently turn it off or somehow I close the bottom two lines so I have the upper 3 that could blow?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: radio and others stuff install in C5 2004 - need help :)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just put some tape over the bottom slats of the vent to stop the airflow coming out directly onto the unit - not a problem with cold air, as that will help cool it - but in the winter you might not want hot air hitting the unit, so tape off the bottom slats.

Where you have it is ok, as the air can naturally circulate around the unit. Much better than being inside the dashboard, where the other units suffer die to lack of air circulation.

I would not worry about it. :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
toma

Post by toma »

That is solution for problem number 2. But what to do with problem 1. Main unit is going inside of dashboard and there re lot of warm air inside. i was thinking to put one fan (on left side where is going main unit) inside of main unit. fan will make to remove heat from unit, maybe :D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't see what else is going in from your picture - can you put another picture up? Very little room in there - depending how big it is it might be better to put it in the glovebox.

Marc
toma

Post by toma »

Hi, I could not answer before, I had an eye injury. The picture shows that there is little room. This could result in a larger heating of the radio unit inside. Also, in the picture, the red paint shows the place where an additional fan would be used to cool the radio unit. What do you mean, a good idea? Maybe it would not be bad to put a fan on the opposite side that would pull the heat away?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Is this one of those motorised screen units that folds away? The C5 mark one and two really are not designed to have this type of display in the centre console. If you notice, on the top specification models on the C5 mark one and mark two, the large colour navigation screens were mounted on the top of the dashboard where your small multifunction display is located.
RT3 Screen.PNG
This will allow heat to dissipate. If this is not one of those motorised screens you have bought aftermarket then maybe this might be a solution - but it's not really designed for aftermarket large screens, as they need to be screwed into the housing and I don't think your screen has this the backplate for mounting.

Not really a good way to go. If you had an X7 that allows for double DIN head units, it would be a lot easier, but on a MK I or II C5 you are going to find this extremely difficult and will risk overheating that or other components I suspect.

Marc
toma

Post by toma »

Is this one of those motorised screen units that folds away? => no its not, this is radio which i buy https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-eu-wa ... -64gb.html

on the top specification models on the C5 mark => yes i know, i have that in previous citoren
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, that clarifies. So not really suitable for your car - that screen will cover some of your console controls, like the heating control switches and may cause you to loose concentration when driving. Your choice, but I couldn't have anything like that - it just looks like it doesn't belong and simply stuck on.

I notice on their website that they don't actually show the screen installed in full view on the car's dashboard for that very reason most probably - they just show the screen shots of the system - not how bad it looks when installed. Anything that covers up your controls and displays is a bad design in my personal opinion.

Marc
toma

Post by toma »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 10:29 Ok, that clarifies. So not really suitable for your car - that screen will cover some of your console controls, like the heating control switches and may cause you to loose concentration when driving. Your choice, but I couldn't have anything like that - it just looks like it doesn't belong and simply stuck on.

I notice on their website that they don't actually show the screen installed in full view on the car's dashboard for that very reason most probably - they just show the screen shots of the system - not how bad it looks when installed. Anything that covers up your controls and displays is a bad design in my personal opinion.

The first picture shows the radio I bought. I just tested it. The screen is set at the factory, but it can move up and down. As I wrote in the first post, I would set it up. As such, the heating / cooling consoles are free, but then there is a closing of the middle part where the warm / cold air is released.
When the screen is pushed up, it is very clear and does not matter but the problem is the middle air gap.
Behind the screen, I thought to make the air go up with some easy-to-handle plastic to protect the screen from warm or cold air. That does not cause the screen to fail because of that.
As for the radio unit that goes inside. The serial radio unit is also very hot. To avoid overheating the new radio unit (joying radio), I was thinking of setting the side (another image showing where to place the fan for the hot air outlet) a fan that would take the warm air out and thus improve radia cooling.