C Crosser, Dual Mass or Solid Flywheel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Re: C Crosser, Dual Mass or Solid Flywheel

Post by white exec »

The GL-4 bit is important (for PSA boxes, anyway). "75W/80" could be either -4 or -5, so if in doubt change it. GL-4 has the right amount of friction additives to ensure that the synchro works smoothly, and that soft-metal components (eg the synchro rings) are not damaged.
Chris
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The only info I have on the Crosser range specifically shows the same suspension setup for all models until production ended in 2012. So I suspect that the later 2013 on Outlander replacement models will be different as their third generation production models had different suspension setups, a lighter body etc., so may be a completely different system, but I don't have specifics of course :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Bigjohn
My Cars: XSARA PICASSO 2.0HDI C CROSSER 2.2HDI, VAUXHALL VIVA (The wifes)

Post by Bigjohn »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 10:17 The only info I have on the Crosser range specifically shows the same suspension setup for all models until production ended in 2012. So I suspect that the later 2013 on Outlander replacement models will be different as their third generation production models had different suspension setups, a lighter body etc., so may be a completely different system, but I don't have specifics of course :-D

Apologies yet again for dragging the post off topic. I feel a slap coming on!!

I believe you are correct, however ignoring the possibilities of problems with insurance which I do not recommend the Mitsubishi Range use a very similar Coil over Shock absorber, similar mountings lengths etc, I was wondering if the height of mine were incorrect then replace them with uprated springs, if correct look into Coil overs from another range of Mitsubishi that uses the same Outlander platform? To help the original springs? Or would I turn it into a teeth shattering ride?
THEY SAID I WAS DELUSIONAL, I ALMOST FELL OFF MY UNICORN

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] C CROSSER VTR+ HDI 2007
Bick

Post by Bick »

The Berlingo went DMF with the 1.6hdi now its gone back to a SMF with the same engine. I believe thats not just the car but also the van - that must say something about fitting something for the sake of it? Mabe they beefed up the gearbox?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can only see 2 models:- DV6FC FAP 88KW and DV6TED4BU FAP (DMF to RPO 12074) that had ever had Dual Mass Flywheels out of the 16 variations of the 1.6 DV6 engines fitted to the Berlingos. All the rest were already fitted with Single Mass Flywheels Bick. Only the second one mentioned above had a DMF, then went to SMF from RPO 12075.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Bick

Post by Bick »

Mine is a 2008 Berlingo First and i believe it has a DMF Marc?

That is the last of the old shape and has no FAP, made the same time as the first Mk2's I didnt fancy taking a chance on the new then Mk2 so managed to get last of the mk1's but i had to wait for it to be built, its been a brilliant van and follows a long list of Citroens all little or not trouble.