How many miles in the month?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

How many miles in the month?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

As trailed in Start a new thread in January here it is, includes any form of transport, (planes trains and automobiles but not excluding tractors, motorbikes, JCB's, Buses, ships) including human effort like walking, running, cycling, open water swimming, swimming bath swimming literally anything. Splatter it with some visuals, favourite journey, worst journey.....

Here's my surprising to me January stats. (I did more miles than I thought) I went from 126126 to 127127 and my longest journey was here.
geograph stamped image
geograph stamped image
Go on join in, its just a game....lets enjoy some simple entertainment!

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 31 Oct 2019, 21:55, edited 9 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: How many miles have you done this month?

Post by CitroJim »

This month I have run 150 miles and cycled 900 miles...

I have driven 0 miles...

Would have been more but currently nursing an injured foot (self-inflicted) and frost and ice has kept me off my bike for a couple of days :evil:

I don't count 'static miles' done on my Turbo Trainer ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Thanks Jim, thought this was going to be one of my worst ever threads but some can be slow starters! The leccy vehicles thread took some getting off the ground, but its had plenty of views and responses over the last few years.

In January I did zero miles on my bike, zero miles on a train, zero miles on the metro, and zero miles on a bus!......I'll set myself an achievable target of doing at least 5 miles on the bike in February!

Mind you it could take a bit of digging out! :-D
nf own work
nf own work
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's no way to treat a bike Neil 😥😡 Bring it in the warm and give it some love ❤ 😏

I to have racked up zero miles on busses and trains but have possibly done 150 miles as a passenger in a car though...

A couple of days ago a small group of us drove the route of a planned 100 mile bike ride and I rather enjoyed being a rear-seat passenger and navigator in the back of some sort of Seat...

The route included a tremendous cafe and I enjoyed an excellent cream tea there 😋
Own Work
Own Work
This was served at the George and Dragon in Quainton, near the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre :D

That cafe and the surrounding area, with stunning views of the Aylesbury Vale, is one of my favourite cycling destinations locally...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

1127 miles on the motorcycle.
237 miles in the car
17 miles on push bike
"350km" on a spinning bike.
NewcastleFalcon

The last miles I did on a motorbike was September 1979!
CitroJim wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 06:52 This month I have run 150 miles and cycled 900 miles...

I have driven 0 miles...
Swimming zero? Canoeing zero?

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 10:57 The last miles I did on a motorbike was September 1979!

I was 6, and my dad had just bought a brand new 2CV in Sept 1979!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 10:57 The last miles I did on a motorbike was September 1979!
CitroJim wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 06:52 This month I have run 150 miles and cycled 900 miles...

I have driven 0 miles...
Swimming zero? Canoeing zero?

Swimming is currently on hold due to contracting a serious case of verrucas and kayaking has been dropped as it is an evening activity and happens far too late for me to be able to enjoy :(

The verruca treatment has currently stopped me running for a few days :evil:

When I resume swimming I'll be looking into protective footwear...
Jim

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

I don't think I've done any particularly exciting journeys this month, but what I did notice one cold morning that I bothered to nip out to the shop on the bike was how positive I felt afterwards about what was quite an overcast day.

The old girl tends only to get used in the winter and doesn't get much love (I've one without mudguards for the summer), but its a trusty old hack.

I did note that even for a (separate) journey of just over a mile, Gloves are essential this time of year, my fingers was proper cold even in the course of a 5mins each way journey.
Attachments
Bike.jpg
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 21:44what I did notice one cold morning that I bothered to nip out to the shop on the bike was how positive I felt afterwards about what was quite an overcast day.

That's what it's all about ;) You generated a load of your very own 'happy pills' called endorphins :D Endorphins are similar to morphine and have the same effect...

It's why those of us who indulge in running, cycling and countless other physical activities so enjoy it...

But just like morphine it's easy to become addicted to endorphins... I am. Totally...

It's a good addiction though 😄
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

70 miles (off road) on the bike,
150 miles in the car,
if my calculations are correct, 20x school runs with the littlun =54 miles on foot!!
gosh i'm so rock and roll Lol!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 08:32 70 miles (off road) on the bike,
150 miles in the car,
if my calculations are correct, 20x school runs with the littlun =54 miles on foot!!
gosh i'm so rock and roll Lol!

Timmo - excellent! :-D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Last week:

259 miles on the bike and 50 miles running :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

If anything, my bike is even more inaccessible as the temporary dumping ground-(pre tip visit) for my DIY bathroom renovation works. Still I have stated my intention to do 5 miles in February, so it will be an incentive to clear that particular rubbish store.

Of course our local tip charges now for DIY waste/ rubble/ plasterboard/ old toilets/ washbasins/ceramic tiles etc and virtually any other thing you can think of. You can still toss wood and metal into their skips for nothing.

Still racking up the miles in the car but when I ran out of plumbing fittings on Saturday night at 5.00 pm, I declined to hare off on a the 30 mile round trip to Screwfix to get on with the job and just got them next time I was out on another journey.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Half way through the month and its

560 miles in the car....I do 120 a week without really trying two regular 60 mile round trips sees to that!
0 by bus
0 by train
0 in the metro
0 by boat
0 by air

and sad to report so far....

still
0 by bike

but I still intend to do my 5 miles before 11.59 pm on 28th February :-D

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey