Is it possible to upgrade MyWay to eMyWay?

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

bfds88
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer Exclusive 2.0HDi

Is it possible to upgrade MyWay to eMyWay?

Post by bfds88 »

Hi there.

I've got a Citroen C5 exclusive with MyWay navigation system.
I was wondering if it is possible to install the latest navigation system (being RT6/eMyWay the latest I guess) with reverse camera.
I really miss bluetooth music stream. :(
If so, where do you recommend buying the unit from in the internet?
Does eMyWay support apple carplay/mirrorlink?

VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thank you for your time.

Regards. :wink:
Last edited by bfds88 on 17 Dec 2018, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Is it possible to upgrade MyWay to eMyWay?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It would help if you post up the VIN number (for security reasons it will be obscured, but Moderators can still read it). That way it will be possible to determine much more about the C5, and what can be upgraded.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
bfds88

Post by bfds88 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 14:19 It would help if you post up the VIN number (for security reasons it will be obscured, but Moderators can still read it). That way it will be possible to determine much more about the C5, and what can be upgraded.

VIN added. Appreciated. :wink:
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

This has been done, search for a thread by vborovic. You will need a new screen and different fascia panel to as the RT6 uses a high resolution screen
bfds88

Post by bfds88 »

Is the RT6 the best OEM media system that can be installed or is the NG4 better?
I would like a system with Bluetooth music stream, reverse camera and compatible with apple carplay if possible.
drumvlado
My Cars: 2cv6, JIANE, ACADIANE, 2-pot VISA, GSA Break Special, C5II Break HDI175

Post by drumvlado »

Well, if you want apple car play, than you will need smeg+ IV2. But it is a big job and can be only configured at a citroen dealer as it requires internet connection for this, as well as you need to set your VIN in the BSI to a VIN of a car that has this originally as to be able to configure it at all. Too risky, might not work and you might also need to change to a the upgraded/later BSI. You need a new screen (touch), new screen dash panel (screen is bigger), some new wiring/connectors and a panel from Citroen to cover the SMEg, as it has no facia panel.
Vladimir