C2 real world reviews?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

C2 real world reviews?

Post by Timmo »

Hey guys, ponder g a lot of thought Into a replacement for the xantia and I keep coming back to the C2 (specifically the Vts petrol Or Deisel), do any of you ha e any real world experience of one? Will be mostly used for local around the town running about odd trip up to my pops, and hoon down the coast road with the dog,
Are they a practical car? Can you fit an average size dog in the boot with children in the back seats? I know it's not going to be Xantia levels of comfort, but am after something that when it comes to mot time i dont have to worry! ;-)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: C2 real world reviews?

Post by admiral51 »

Would really like to help but have no experience of the C2. Are any up for sale near you so you can maybe go and test drive one,its okay sitting in one but take the family with you ( minus the dog ) and see what its like.
Sorry best advice i can come up with
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

There are a couple, both Vastly overpriced but for the purpose of exactly as you said, that is my plan, we've the partner tepee for hauling duties, would be short runs mostly,

'58 C2 Code
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

I had one as a courtesy car, a 1.4 petrol, back in March this year. Admittedly it was only for a day and I only did about 100 miles in it but it surprised me by being a properly nice little car. Aeons more refined than a C1 and nicer to drive than a C3.
coarist
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer

C2 real world reviews?

Post by coarist »

I had a C2 with 1.1 engine for 4 years. It was part-exchange to C5 two years ago.

The split tailgate is very good design and quite unique. Half opening radius means much less space is needed to access the rear compartment. I also used it as a bench to sit on once going picnic. It is overall low cost to run and generally reliable. The left front suspension spring snapped at one point - the car broke down. Other people said they had same thing happended to theirs on the Internet, too. Depollution yellow warning came on at one point.

The way I perceive the C2, it is not such a small car. The reason I thought of it that way was because sitting in the driver's seat, everything felt like a regular medium car when we do not look at the rear. That is, amount of space to me is okay. I am 5'8". I would not recommend it to sit children at the back. Reason being although the doors, this car is two-door, provides reasonable access to the back seats, the front seats would need to be moved from rear-most to the mid-position to give leg room. You would find it always a compromise hard to ignore. As for myself, I don't mind getting myself one again.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Thanks guys, that's Spot on!
Much appreciated!

'58 C2 Code