Citroen relay 2.2 breakdown - injectors unmounted

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caminoman
New User
My Cars: citroen relay

Citroen relay 2.2 breakdown - injectors unmounted

Post by caminoman »

Have had a 2008 relay self camper conversion, full time live-in for past couple of years. Lastest problem is the left hand pair of injectors has been pushed loose out of the engine block and diesel poured out. Have been towed to a carpark in order to find a garage able to work on this. Now in McDonalds in southern France (not our original plan) on a Sunday considering options and trying to get better informed about likely causes/extent of the damage/ remedies and likely costs... The recovery guy said it was the fixing bolt which had broken loose which is not uncommon (?), But the injector rail had certainly disconnected in the process and Im also wondering about possible damage to cylinders... My mechanical knowledge is restricted to learning from previous problems with this van! Brand New to this forum, but will try to upload a photo idc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroen relay 2.2 breakdown - injectors unmounted

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the forum, sorry it is in such dire circumstances.
The 1.6 HDi does seem to suffer from this problem. Not sure about the 2.2.
If you post your VIN then someone with the correct access (usually Marc) can pull up your details and offer further advice.

Your VIN will automatically be masked and unreadable to all but forum staff.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen relay 2.2 breakdown - injectors unmounted

Post by wheeler »

The Ford puma engine found in transits & relays is fairly common for this. The damage can vary, if your lucky the bolt just comes out & a new bolt can just be fitted in, more often though the bolt shears off in the cylinder head, it depends exactly where it breaks how easy it is to get the broken bit out.