Interesting computer for a Xantia

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MisterClaude

Interesting computer for a Xantia

Post by MisterClaude »

Hello,
Just foun this "all-in-one" computer that looks very interesting and it can be used to read a plethora of sensors. Not sure If I'm allowed to post the links, so just google for UTCOMP PRO
I'm curious if someone fitted one of these on a xantia, because I'm thinking about doing it :)
Basically it can display readings from all sensors, and also works as a trip computer. I like that it comes in green and with some work, it can be made to look OEM on a xantia.
Thank you

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Interesting computer for a Xantia

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Seems like a LOT of work to get a fancy display - you have to physically solder the thing up and make all the electrical connections to the sensors yourself.... But personally, disturbing existing wiring to splice connections is not something I would be doing on a car this old - as the risk of disturbing the existing circuits and causing some other issues would not be worth it - but that's just me :)

MisterClaude

Re: Interesting computer for a Xantia

Post by MisterClaude »

I don't think I'll ever get myself to do it neither, but it would be a nice thing to have. But your'e right, too much electrical intervention would be required. If my xantia would have OBD2 protocol, then torque+a random obd2 adapter would do the trick :)