Maintenance on your Lease Vehicle

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Maintenance on your Lease Vehicle

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Did you check the small print Davie? If this is a PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) be very careful as there may be 3 requirements in order to meet the Guaranteed Future Value (GFV):
  • You must not exceed your agreed mileage over the duration of the term
  • The car must not require any repairs beyond normal wear and tear
  • You must have the car serviced by the official dealer network
They will often insist that genuine manufacturer parts are used. The GFV is a value based on a car with no damage, limited mileage and a full manufacturer service history. If you do not have a FULL manufacturer service history (on time, every time, by an official dealership), then the finance company can either refuse to honour the GFV or charge you a hefty penalty fee.

So might be worth checking this out :wink:

If it is a PCP agreement, then you can read more here:
https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/service- ... r-finance/
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

We know about the mileage, she did 19000 miles in exactly 2 years in the A4 so she declared 12000 a year so she should be well covered. Excess mileage is 8p a mile. We know about keeping it looked after, which she does do, but a 4 year old and 6 week old baby could wreck it in the next 3 years, and I did not know about the servicing, but I have looked at the agreement and it is to be serviced to the manufacturers schedule at any VAT registered garage. She has 2 years warranty with the same servicing conditions, so hopefully I wont have to touch it for service or repairs. I was the one who said take on a two to three year old car and pay it over 3 years, tyr a pcp if she loves the car and it has been good she can keep it, or just chop it in after the 3 years and do it again. Its just on 160 a month, she will save 17 a month tax as the new one is 20 yearly, and working on her mileage she should save 30 ish on fuel, as well as any breakdowns. So it seems a good idea for her, she wants safety and reliability, the old a4 not really providing that now and the Leon should provide that and only really cost her 110 or so a month. She is happy so I am too.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's ok, some of these contracts can be a nightmare, but if you're both happy with it, that's the main thing.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

It seems straightforward. It’s the first time anyone in my family has tried a pcp so we can only see how it goes.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My neighbours ran two, a Juque and a Kashqry - needed two as she works a fair distance away and the miles creep up :(

They did report that any scratches and they would be dragged off to the Lubyanka and have the soles of their feet thoroughly thrashed with split bamboo canes.

She binned hers and has a C2 now :)
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

I was just thinking before you said that Marc that these PCP plans sound like an absolute nightmare!!
Most cars aren't going to go 3 years in normal use and still be unmarked; there are going to be scuffs on the bumpers and minor dings in the doors, none of which will necessarily be the owner's fault.... and goodness knows how it'll work when the thing decides to break and the Lease co feels that its at least partly the driver's fault. ...especially if its not one of the most reliable vehicles on the road in the first place.

A few years ago my boss tried to talk me into taking on a company vehicle that'd become available, but I knew that it was a Poison Sword as the proverbial would fly my way when it broke; and pocketing 25p a mile for using my own car was nice too.

I also have a contract-less phone. I don't use it a great deal, so I top up by about £10 a quarter on O2's "Classic" Pay as You Go and occasionally splash out £3 on a couple of Gb's Broadband bundle to check my mail, and use Yell & Googlemaps if I'm going to be away.

...funny how in a world where everything's getting smaller my fairly recent Samsung Galaxy J5, kindly and generously handed down by daughter, is far too big for one's pocket.
Puxa
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 22:31Most cars aren't going to go 3 years in normal use and still be unmarked; there are going to be scuffs on the bumpers and minor dings in the doors, none of which will necessarily be the owner's fault...
Indeed. When I used to get motoring magazines there were constant references that when the long term test cars were due to go back they would have to have the scratched wheels repaired.

I saw this place doing such work the other week. They even have a sign there now saying "lease vehicle repairs" so it's obviously a market worth servicing.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.33117 ... 312!8i6656
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

Lease cars? If you work for the company that makes the car? Then it it was a good experience. When I worked for Toyota in the 90's (Derby) my Dad had a lease car. The calculation was..Car new=x Car after 2 years=y...x-y divided by 24 equals the the monthly pay. But that's not what you see? Merc ( or whoever) 5000 upfront then 299 a month after 3 years it's not yours. There is also a mileage penalty!
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone