Daughters dissertation survey. Male help required please

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: Daughters dissertation survey. Male help required please

Post by Michel »

Wonderful news, well done to her :)
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

From Robyn

Post by c.morewood »

Hi all,

It’s Robyn here. I would just like to personally thank each and every one of you that took part in my survey - mostly for the participation but also for the positive encouragement you’ve all posted on this forum. My dad has kept me up to date with all the comments and well wishes and it would be fair to say they definitely gave me a push to make all your efforts worth something.

It means so much to me that you all took the time to complete my survey - in total I obtained 326 participants. This result not only led to my amazing grade but also allows me to call my dissertation an official piece of research in the field of psychology! Which is just completely overwhelming, not just for me but because the well-being of men is dramatically under researched it will be a large contribution to this field.

As Dad mentioned I was diagnosed with dyslexia which was a big hurdle for me to overcome - mainly because I wasn’t educated properly on the disability and labelled myself as “stupid” and “slow”. This, couple with efforts that I felt went unnoticed and resulted in a massive lack of confidence. I never achieved, all through my academic career so to achieve an A in my dissertation and therefore a 2:1 in my degree really means the world to me.

If anybody is interested in reading my dissertation please email me at r.morewood@rgu.ac.uk and I will happily pass it on. Also if you have any more comments/inquiries and advice for future research please do not hesitate to ask. Again, thank you all so much you’ve made someone very happy!!

Robyn Morewood
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello Robyn,

Thanks, and congratulations on attaining your degree. I used to teach PC maintenance (to long term unemployed and disabled people), and I can recall a couple of students who were dyslexic. Neither of them let their dyslexia get in their way; rather they treated it as a challenge to be overcome. I recall giving a reference for one of them (he got the job), and his dyslexia was raised. I advised that, although his writings did make sense, it could be a good idea that (if any of his reports were to be passed onto customers) somebody correct his spelling and so on (his spelling was phonetically correct (it sounded right) but technically wrong (yot for the word "yacht")).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hi Robyn,

thanks for your post, it is most welcome to hear from you personally and to have an update and explanation to your educational progress.
You have done exceedingly well especially with regard to the difficulties you have had to overcome. I am really pleased that it has turned out so well and best wishes for whatever you choose to continue with in the future.