My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: GDPR Compliance

Post by wurlycorner »

Opera did indeed go through a little while of being very flakey - I swapped to Dolphin at that point, but they have well and truly got it sorted again in the last year, so back to Opera 8-)
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Re:

Post by van ordinaire »

Eddie Nuff wrote: 28 May 2018, 09:47 I get the feeling Mr Van's problems are more browser related than forum. I would just uninstall and reinstall as a quick way to find if that makes any difference.

Oh no, not that old chestnut again, we suffered for months at work with a 7 year old version of internet explorer!

You'd have to know a lot more about computers than I to risk that - I don't even know which browser the forum is associated with, although the fact the shortcut icon has retained its own identity tells me which one it isn't.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Van. Web pages are not ‘associated’ with any browser. a browser is just a price of software that reads web page code and displays the results. Browsers can have extra features depending on your needs, but essentially they all do the same thing.

It is perfectly acceptable and common practise for people to have 2, 3 or more different browsers on their PCs. Sometimes when browsers are updated (usually automatically) there can be some bugs that may prevent certain web pages from displaying correctly until the next update, so people switch to another for a while.

They may also switch as they want to try features of a new browser or because the interface of their current browser changed after an uofate that they don’t like, so decide to use something else. Perfectly normal.

Also, if you do decide to install another browser in addition to what you use, it will usually offer to import all your bookmarks and favourites from your existing browser, without affecting it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

Just a note, I have to log back in to the forum quite regularly with Safari on my iPhone, not sure why that is.

Also, sometimes forum pages refuse to load if I was browsing on Wi-Fi then switched to 4G or vice versa, not sure what the issue is there.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No issues with Safari on my iPhone, but it helps if you clear the website data periodically from safari settings Elis.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

33816514_1147261722081452_709219101955850240_n.jpg
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 May 2018, 08:57 Hi Van. Web pages are not ‘associated’ with any browser. a browser is just a price of software that reads web page code and displays the results. Browsers can have extra features depending on your needs, but essentially they all do the same thing.

It is perfectly acceptable and common practise for people to have 2, 3 or more different browsers on their PCs. Sometimes when browsers are updated (usually automatically) there can be some bugs that may prevent certain web pages from displaying correctly until the next update, so people switch to another for a while.

They may also switch as they want to try features of a new browser or because the interface of their current browser changed after an uofate that they don’t like, so decide to use something else. Perfectly normal.

Also, if you do decide to install another browser in addition to what you use, it will usually offer to import all your bookmarks and favourites from your existing browser, without affecting it.

Sorry Marc,

Obviously not explaining myself very well but then, while not actually drowning, am seriously out of my depth, so it's hardly surprising. The point I was trying to make was that as I access the forum via a shortcut I do not know which browser I'm using (presumably the one I used at the time I created the shortcut) & I wouldn't want to uninstall all of them on the off-chance it might do some good. Besides one of them Chrome (which I won't use on priciple) which is so pernicious it won't allow me to uninstall it!

As I side issue, "favourites" - still have those at work, thanks to a very early version of Firefox [although some, many (& for some people, all) were lost in the recent transition from XP to Windows 10] but I've never found such a feature on any of my browsers - including Firefox - which is why my desktop is cluttered up with a load of shortcut icons. At this point i should confess that my "can't be bothered, too complicated, far too much trouble" threshold is very low - &, I suspect, sinking!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o