JLR selling off a collection

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: JLR selling off a collection

Post by Paul-R »

That's a VDP Allegro grill, isn't it? I must be going soft because I'm beginning to think it looks quite all right...
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

They weren't all that bad but they were British and the motoring press hated anything British.

Imagine the scene at a motor magazine office, "We've got an invite to the launch of VW's new golf, all expenses paid for two weeks in the Austrian Tyrol." or "We've got an invite to the launch of BL's new Allegro, a day at Longbridge wit high tea and cakes." whose cars are you going to make disparaging remarks about?
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 10:40 They weren't all that bad but they were British and the motoring press hated anything British.

Imagine the scene at a motor magazine office, "We've got an invite to the launch of VW's new golf, all expenses paid for two weeks in the Austrian Tyrol." or "We've got an invite to the launch of BL's new Allegro, a day at Longbridge wit high tea and cakes." whose cars are you going to make disparaging remarks about?

Rover SD1, European Car of the Year 1977
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I always thought, and still do, the Allegro is quite attractive, as is the Marina Coupe...

The VDP Allegro especially so... The Allegro estate was a bit of an acquired taste though....

Compared to today's hideously ugly old crones of cars they look better by the day...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...