Have you spotted an 18 reg yet?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Have you spotted an 18 reg yet?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Got my second 18 reg today, dark blue, almost missed it, bit grubby from the salty roads but one of the UK's best sellers. The PSA Corsa!

Now why don't PSA come up with a genuinely cheap 100% BEV in the Corsa type marketplace, and have the factories making/assembling them in the UK. Remember "We are leading the world in the development of electric vehicles" (T.May PMQ's Wednesday November 1st 2017) so a Uk location for such an enterprise would be perfect!

Well yes, but probably non seeing that the French Government have a sizable stake in PSA still! (13.68% equal to that held by the Peugeot Family, and also Dongfeng from China.)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

My third 18 Reg of the Month.....in the UK's favorite colour.....see previous posts........and

hip hip hooray...another sale in the UK for the PSA Groupe! The Peugeot Family, The French Government and Dongfeng over in China will be delighted!

....it was a PSA Vauxhall Insignia Turbo Diesel!

Judging by the paltry amount of 18 regs I have personally seen and the limited number of spots by others I would not be at all surprised if the SMMT reported a very poor March for registrations of new vehicles.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 24 Mar 2018, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Only one, on my way to work, huge pickup (Mitsubishi "Animal" or similar) pulled out into traffic and just missed causing a crash.

Being rather unobservant I have probably missed several though.
NewcastleFalcon

One of these today. That an MPV isn't it? Doesn't qualify as an SUV, doesn't look like it could handle too much off-roading!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Oh :evil: my poor eyes :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Seen plenty now, but still only the 1 PSA (Vauxhall not included!) and still no electrics.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

18 plates are appearing like a rash around these parts... I seem to spot one without even consciously looking every day...

I'd have one by now... If an offer I received from Citroen was anything to go by... Looking at the letter they sent it appeared that if I still had my C1 and still had it on Citroen finance with an outstanding balance I could have had a brand-new one for less than I am currently paying...

In fact it appeared that with the huge savings they'd almost be paying me for a car!

Seriously, with such offers - cynically done to keep one in debt and tied-up - I can see why there are a load of new cars on the roads these days and very, very few older ones...

It's insidious in my view...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 10:02Doesn't qualify as an SUV, doesn't look like it could handle too much off-roading!
Neither can most SUVs!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Paul-R wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 16:13
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 10:02Doesn't qualify as an SUV, doesn't look like it could handle too much off-roading!
Neither can most SUVs!

In the native habitat of the SUV - well-heeled Suburbia - there's little need or opportunity to go off-road anyway... Unless driving a badly potholed road is now considered off-roading!

Same applies to a lot of the imitation poncy pick-up trucks running around.... Never seen mud in their lives and hardly ever been outside a built-up area...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Could well have spotted the ultimate 18 Reg today for unlikelyness of spotting.

If you follow the "China's Car Companies what do you know?" thread you will know that that for "foreign" cars to be sold in China, there has to be a partnership with a Chinese Automaker.

Well if we applied that logic to the UK, this little manufacturer would be one of the few remaining UK Car manufacturers for the foreign companies to partner with!

Enough of the prologue though, my 18 reg spot today was a Morgan! Lovely blue colour and seeing as it was sunny....top down. :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Beamish got a mention on POTD today, and also apprears here. Never knew....was aware of McDonald Racing from my youth in Co Durham, even got my mini tuned up there, but hadn't realised it had morphed into Beamish Morgan, selling Morgans from a swish showroom near to Beamish Museum.

and with this car being the same blue as the one we saw today sporting an 18 reg plate, i would guess that this could be the actual vehicle

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That is a beautiful shade of blue :) I like that Morgan a lot 8-)
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Pretty similar to the colour of our new C4....

Saw another PSA offering up the road - a Horizon wheel chair conversion of a Berlingo.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 22:05 Saw another PSA offering up the road - a Horizon

Had me worried when I first read that... I read it as a Talbot Horizon and thought for a moment that PSA had re-introduced the hideous old thing :lol: :lol:
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I saw a Jaguar F Type (hardtop) in Gunmetal Grey this morning, and a Seat Ateca in white this evening.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!