Lidl and Aldi Car accessories

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Lidl and Aldi Car accessories

Post by myglaren »

I generally have a list but keep forgetting what I was intending to write in it - then leave it in the car.
So usually just wing it and come out with lots of random stuff.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 07:02 I generally have a list but keep forgetting what I was intending to write in it - then leave it in the car.

I have a fix for that... I start a new list on a Post-It note as soon as I return from my last shop and leave it in a prominent place in the kitchen... I add things to it as an when the need arises...

On a shopping day I transfer it to a OneNote document - which already has a lot of regular stuff on it...

I can then access the OneNote document from my smartphone whilst shopping but more often than not I print the list in large-type and chuck it in my shopping bag... Can't forget two-ways then ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I have an A6 notebook but by the time I get to it I have forgotten what I wanted - it is never far away.
Then leave it in the car or worse, forget to look at it while in the shop.

Same when I log in to eBay for anything, forgotten by the time the page opens :(
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

Most of the non-food stuff I get in Lidl's is stuff I didn't know I wanted 'til I saw it; not so much impulse buying, as recognising a good thing when I see it.

I'm assured that closing tills "at a certain (i.e. unspecified) time" is company policy & that local managers have no discretion BUT it does seem to be a peculiarly SE London thing - or is it just that I rarely visit other branches in the evening?
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I'll be visiting my local Lidl emporium tomorrow and will endeavour to ask there if they do it.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

van ordinaire wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 20:50 Most of the non-food stuff I get in Lidl's is stuff I didn't know I wanted 'til I saw it; not so much impulse buying, as recognising a good thing when I see it.
:lol:
van ordinaire wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 20:50 I'm assured that closing tills "at a certain (i.e. unspecified) time" is company policy & that local managers have no discretion BUT it does seem to be a peculiarly SE London thing - or is it just that I rarely visit other branches in the evening?

How bizarre :? :roll: :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Recently ALDI sold (and I think still stock) a car glass cleaner solution. It rocks! I can't praise it enough - and I'd been using the much more expensive Autoglym before (very disappointing!).
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

Hmmmmm, now there's a useful tip. I shall be interested to see how it compares with domestic glass cleaner from Poundland.
Last edited by van ordinaire on 18 Mar 2018, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

For the cyclists among us Lidl have a few things of interest next Thursday (22/03);

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... 572&week=2

And a couple of car care items;

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... 580&week=2
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The impact wrench looks interesting but I have to say I'm not too impressed with Parkside tools, I've bought a few and although they do the job they're pretty much in the Trabant style of German engineering.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

That's a ridiculously cheap price for an impact wrench - though, have to say, never seen a mains one before. If I hadn't treated myself to a pukkah cordless one not so long ago I'd have been very tempted - & still think it's worth a look (if the same offer's on in Germany). Always got on OK with Parkside kit, it is after all, (pre collectable) Trabbie price too.

b-t-w, went to Lidl's this evening, a bit later than I hoped - &, miracle of miracles, there was still one till open!
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

I'm trying to decide if an impact wrench is an unmerited luxury for changing the wheels twice a year.

I suppose maybe it would lead to changing them 4 or 6 times.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I bought a cordless 18v 1/2" impact driver (AEG - like the rest of my cordless stuff) last year and it's great. I may have only used it a handful of times (I've only recharged the battery once!) but I wouldn't be without it now.

It turns changing wheels round on the car from a 3/4 hour chore into a 10 minute light job. And I used it to undo some 3/8"UNF screws on a mower deck which had previously involved a three handed operation with molegrips, screwdriver and ratchet drive into a 5 minute bloodless piece of cake.

Luxury - possibly. Unmerited - no!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
bobins
Donor 2023

Post by bobins »

I work on the principle that the ideal number of tools is n+1, therefore I'd say the impact wrench is essential :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

MikeT wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 20:03 Recently ALDI sold (and I think still stock) a car glass cleaner solution. It rocks! I can't praise it enough - and I'd been using the much more expensive Autoglym before (very disappointing!).

They're still selling the glass cleaner, at least they were in my local last night. So I grabbed another three bottles @ £1.99 each as they're not re-stocking any time soon. Besides, my C5 interior glass seems to get far dirtier than the Xantia ever did.