Oops!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Re: Oops!

Post by van ordinaire »

Yet only this morning, it cost me £3.50 to send a torch to Salford - albeit 1st class! Cheap, compared with America though [e.g. about$20 to send a T-shirt from Memphis to Slavonski Brod (Coatia)!]
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

I use Hermes when I need to send parcels, probably not quite as quick as Royal Mail 1st Class, but a small parcel is £2.79 (IIRC) with Tracking info to an email address of your choice and and free Insurance up to £20 value

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/send-a-parcel.html#/price
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 08:53 I use Hermes when I need to send parcels, probably not quite as quick as Royal Mail 1st Class, but a small parcel is £2.79 (IIRC) with Tracking info to an email address of your choice and and free Insurance up to £20 value

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/send-a-parcel.html#/price

Worked OK in the end for me even if your parcel to me went to next door and a parcel for next door came to me :roll: :lol:

I wonder if Hermes employ dyslexic delivery drivers!

It caused much neighbourly humour :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

Dyslexics untie ! :-D

[in all seriousness, I can imagine that there's a grain of truth in what you said.... 'low skilled' posts such as van driving where those with learning difficulties fell through the flaws in the system; I know I did!]

Ironically, perhaps, I could fancy being a van or, in an ideal world; HGV Driver, but it looks like Driverless Technology will be desecrating those trades in the near future, and my circumstances don't permit.

Glad that Hermes got all the neighbours talking, we're all talking here too, for all the wrong reasons. Sadly, ours and our neighbours homes are earmarked for redevelopment.
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 15:47 Dyslexics untie ! :-D
:lol:
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 15:47 Glad that Hermes got all the neighbours talking, we're all talking here too, for all the wrong reasons. Sadly, ours and our neighbours homes are earmarked for redevelopment.

Luckily, I have brilliant neighbours here and it makes a heck of a difference...

Sorry to hear of the impending redevelopment :evil: I trust you'll all be well compensated and it'll lead to a good conclusion [-o<
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Royal mail is simple (in Devon, at least) - I like that.

I hate all courier firms with avengeance, I cannot see they serve any useful purpose - at least for domestic customers. The Post Office system for dealing with the addressee not being at home works very well (unless you're in Northampton!)

I'm £50 down as a result of DPD delivering the brake pipes for the Eldorado to the wrong garage, which isn't an error their website acknowledges: as far as they're concerned they were delivered - & they got a signature!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

van ordinaire wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 19:30

I'm £50 down as a result of DPD delivering the brake pipes for the Eldorado to the wrong garage, which isn't an error their website acknowledges: as far as they're concerned they were delivered - & they got a signature!

DPD - Dropped-it, Pinched-it, Denied-it
DHL - Dropped-it, Hid-it, Lost-it
TNT - Tomorrow, Not Today.
Any others ? :lol:
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

UPS = Usually Pinches Stuff.
YODEL = You're Optimistic! Delivery ETA? Late!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

I'm actually quite shocked that they can get away with that; while entirely believing it. You remember those cartoon images of 'Angry Fella with steam escaping from lug-holes'? Would be unsurprised if that applies to you.

Talking of angry.... anyone else subscribe to the 'Loudly Swear' method for 'Keeping Calm & Carrying On' when it just won't fit / do up / come off / falls off & can't be found / draws blood etc?
Puxa