Morris oils.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goldfinche
My Cars:

Morris oils.

Post by goldfinche »

Hello Jon.The local branch of GSF (Bristol.) sells a XHD 20/50 made by Morris could you please tell me if it is possable to order different grades through GSF? For example 85/140 gear oil. 15/50 engine oil.(diesel) 15/40 engine oil etc.
Have tried to contact Morris to find out a stockest locally but had no reply.
Thanks for your help.
Geoff. (Goldfinche.)
PS.
We hold an account with you.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Did anyone see the revival of Morris's Sentinel steam lorry on Scrapheap challenge the other day? - belonged to 2 sons of the Morris's family?
Super thing - finished with a run to the Snake Pass which was apparently Sentinel's proving run for new lorrys.
Pictures under 'news' http://www.morrislubricants.co.uk/ - curious to see their LHM has a Ford spec no!
Jeremy
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Salvage squad![:I][:o)][:D]CH 4.Ran up the snake pass & it started snowing.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Hi Goldfiche,

________
ORDINARY LIFE INSURANCE FORUM
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Hi Goldfiche,
Sorry about the last post, pushed the wrong button by mistake [:D] , I've used Morris products in my various cars for ages and reckon that the products are great. I get mine from the local Agricultural Merchants, last time 25l of 10/40 was about ?27, my local potato farmer, a well known rally driver certainly used to run his farm machinery on it, would you trust your ?150K combine to a crap product? no of course you wouldn't.
I must say that your post must have slipped under the lubricant enthusiasts radar, be prepared for a huge diatribe against such cheap oils [:0] [:0] [:0] [:0] [:0] [:0] and be prepared to be told that nothing less than the fully synthetic stuff at ?30+ for 5l will allow your engine to do more than 50k or so without terminal damage/monster oil/fuel/ consumption. I even run the GTI TII on it (pause for shock horror and everybody to condemn me to the very outermost reaches of the Cit community [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] ) But seeing as it has reached nearly 200k, and the only synthetic stuff that was around when the engine was first developed was Bri-Nylon shirts, and still burns no oil and goes like stink, I remain to be convinced
Pete
________
SMOKING KILLS
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Morriss oils are fine, VW used to recommend their detergent oils for the air cooled motors above everything else, I have used their semi synth in my TD motors over many miles (I am now on GTD castrol only because I found a cheap source) Used to use them in heavy plant where a motor rebuild costs a fortune.
Stewart
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I live near Morris' headquarters, and could make enquiries if you still can't get the oil you need locally.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Just to say that I am another satisfied customer of Morris oil products. Didn't realise they did a LHM!
jeremy
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Can only think Ford use LHM like Fiat do for the hydrolics off cabriolet hoods.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Hello everyone thank you for all the replies. Have been using XHD20/50 for a number of years, a very good alround oil, as the number of vehicles in the family increases then the needs change.Tried to contact Morris on the net some time ago and no reply, tried again and no reply despite a message saying that a contact would be made shortly.
I guess the next step is to try and phone and see what happens,meanwhile does anyone know of a dealer in Morris oils in the Bristol area where I/we can order oil?Where are you Jon?? as in original message.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hi Geoff,
Sorry I did not see your original post for some reason. I had a quick look at our Morris range, and it consists of the 20/50 oil, a 30 grade for old aircooled stuff, and then there is antifreeze in 1 or 5 litres, and engine flush, plus Morris Lodexol 80W90 gearbox oil, and 75/90 semi synthetic gear oil, and Dextron2 ATF fluid.
As GSF already do both Total and Quantum oils, we offer a complete range for all our customers, so I guess that is why we do not stock the complete Morris range.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Thats grand thank you Jon.It makes sense.Will be going to Morris oils with son direct.
Cheers.
Geoff.