OTCL-20 a day habit

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: OTCL-20 a day habit

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Only one post so far today on the OTCL.. :?:

Can't be allowed to happen. New topic required.

No-one the tiniest bit interested in Elon's Rocket? what has happened to the excitement space exploration generated in the 1960's. I mean there were space related TV series coming out of your ears, and ice lollies names based on them!

I'm off to put a pic of Elon's rocket up (if I can find one) the dilemma is whether to bury it in POTD or give it a thread of its own.....hmmm don't want to risk the ignominy of a no response thread on my FCF record but faint heart is not going to save the day!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I was really disappointed to discover it was not an electric rocket...

I thought, being as it came from Elon, that it would have been really different...

Seems it was just three existing rockets strapped together...

Not really very clever at all..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

I agree with Jim. Ok. It's considerably cheaper than these things currently are due to reusable parts, but that's about it.

Space exploration stopped being exciting in December 1972 when Eugene Cernan stepped back into the lunar lander on the moon, the last man on the moon. The robots and probes doing it now, amazing as some of the tech Is, just don't capture the human psyche. We want brave men and women sitting on top of giant fireworks blasting off into deep space, not probes! Also , the ISS is only 250-300 miles away .... it's not really exploring, is It?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Michel wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 07:02 Space exploration stopped being exciting in December 1972 when Eugene Cernan stepped back into the lunar lander on the moon, the last man on the moon. The robots and probes doing it now, amazing as some of the tech Is, just don't capture the human psyche. We want brave men and women sitting on top of giant fireworks blasting off into deep space, not probes! Also , the ISS is only 250-300 miles away .... it's not really exploring, is It?

Spot-on Mike... Very much my view...

We won't see anything really exciting now until the first manned Mars mission... Looking forward to that immensely...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Well there has been an unexpected flurry so far today on the back of a bit of supermarket discussion! and for number aficionardos like myself I notice that 62,888 posts has rapidly arrived on the OTCL. The major excitement of 63,000 posts looms maybe even within the next week!

With this post, it takes us to within a mere 11 of the minor excitement of the 62,900 barrier which with a fair wind might even fall tonight.

I'm off to make my contribution to the supermarket tangent on the French Car Spotting thread and bingo there will only be 10 to go!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Well done folks thats the 62,900 barrier broken tonight with HellRazor's tale of British Rail Tortoises! :-D ! beautifully off topic on the Classics Under £10,000 thread :-D
fcf screenshot
fcf screenshot
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

A mere 16 posts to go as of this second to hit 63,000 posts on the OTCL.

Anyone fancy creating a new topic to blast through the barrier? Or are the old favourites going to take us there today?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

For the stats lover we have moved from 62,000 to 63,000 posts on the OTCL from January 4th to February 14th. That's about 24/day. :-D

The more participation the better for me, but of course it will achieve its own level based on interest and enjoyment, but its always best to encourage, welcome. and make participation easy.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Shows how social we all are on here and how we so enjoy rambling natters ranging and rambling over just about every topic under the sun :D

It makes this forum a magical place and long may it continue...

I look at other forums where such off-topics are discouraged and it makes them cold, sterile places...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

OTCL-20 a day habit (now 30/day!)

Going like a very nice train at the moment, long may it continue up to nearly 30 a day since Valentine's Day took us to 63,000 posts! :-D New topics always welcome!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Well this little off topic chat lounge has been going pretty well on the stats front in the last month..

Valentine's day 14th February we hit 63,000 posts

Today 1 month later we are only 11 off 64,000 posts

1000 posts in 28 days thats nearly 36 posts a day....great stuff shows the vibrancy of the forum at the moment! Warm up your celebratory pics for when 64.000 goes!

Is it going to be "Tonight's the Night"?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey