CitroJim's Amsterdam Charity Bike Ride...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

CitroJim's Amsterdam Charity Bike Ride...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm cycling all the way from Milton Keynes to Amsterdam in June to raise money for Willen Hospice...
Willen Hospice
Willen Hospice
This is our local Hospice that supports all end of life care in MK and receives only a quarter of its funding from the NHS :(

It gets all the rest from charitable donations and various fundraising events throughout the year; it needs to raise £7 every minute of every day to keep going.

I do lots for Willen Hospice as it's local to me and chances are I'll end up there sooner or later... I mainly take part in running events and bike rides in the local area.

I now have a JustGiving page up to raise some sponsorship for this very special bike ride - my very first overseas one...

I'm hoping to raise £1200 and every little will help!

Many thanks for any donations, they are very much appreciated both by me and the Hospice :D
Last edited by CitroJim on 22 Jan 2018, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: CitroJim's Amasterdam Charity Bike Ride...

Post by Michel »

I'll donate if you learn to spell the name of the place you're riding to...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CitroJim's Amasterdam Charity Bike Ride...

Post by CitroJim »

Michel wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 10:28 I'll donate if you learn to spell the name of the place you're riding to...

Done!

Learned ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: CitroJim's Amsterdam Charity Bike Ride...

Post by bobins »

Already at 10% raised - not doing too bad Jim :)
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 17:36 Already at 10% raised - not doing too bad Jim :)

I'm delighted with that Bobins :D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Not long now until I depart on this trip of a lifetime :D

Last week we had our final briefing and got our special cycling jerseys 8-)

Here am I modelling mine just before a club ride this morning...
Own Work but taken by a BCG rider
There is still time to sponsor me and donate to Willen Hospice by visiting my JustGiving page ;)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jim-eastment

All donations gratefully received! Thanks :)

After the ride I'll be visiting a certain well-known forum member who lives in France for part of the year... Looking forward to that :)
Jim