Room 101 open for deposits.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Room 101 open for deposits.....

Post by CitroJim »

My ME which as laid me very low for a few days now :evil:

Slowly getting better :)

And... Knee injuries that prevent me cycling and running :evil:

Both that and an ME 'crash' together has been sheer purgatory for me over the past few days, a real cruel double-whammy :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I wondered where you had been, Jim. It was slightly quiet without you.

I wonder if the name "Oscar" might suit the Skoda?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 07:57 I wondered where you had been, Jim. It was slightly quiet without you.

It was slightly quiet in my world too James :twisted: It's good to be back in the land of the living again!

One good thing is that I managed to read the book you lent me on camouflage during WWII. That was a truly fascinating, interesting and very absorbing read.. I enjoyed it immensely :D

I shall send it back to you next time I see Mike unless in see you in the meantime...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am glad you enjoyed it. I was confident you would. Some of the things that were done was absolutely incredible.

A story my family recounts is that, during one of the wars, the Germans built a dummy airfield. Every day of the construction the RAF sent over a reconnaissance aeroplane (which the Germans let through). They were almost hugging themselves with glee. The day the airfield went 'operational' the RAF sent over one bomber with some special ordinance (that it unloaded). The bombs did not go off, and the Germans were, understandable, wary about approaching them. When they did, they were upset at what they found.
Spoiler: show
The bombs were wooden!
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 31 Jan 2021, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 08:38 I am glad you enjoyed it. I was confident you would. Some of the things that were done was absolutely incredible.
Some almost defied belief. How they hid the Lockheed Vega aircraft factory was simply jaw-dropping!

That and Operation Mincement... That one has been dubbed the greatest deception of all time...
Hell Razor5543 wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 08:38A story my family recounts is that, during one of the wars, the Germans built a dummy airfield. Every day of the construction the RAF sent over a reconnaissance aeroplane (which the Germans let through). They were almost hugging themselves with glee. The day the airfield went 'operational' the RAF sent over one bomber with some special ordinance (that it unloaded). The bombs did not go off, and the Germans were, understandable, wary about approaching them. When they did, they were upset at what they found.

:lol: That did make me chuckle and is documented in the book... It's wonderful how a great sense of humour prevailed in those serious times :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The phrase "trade deal (s)"

and in my own blissful ignorance of world economics very probably actual "Trade Deals" themselves.
Let's keep it simple.
I make some stuff and want to sell it to you. You make some stuff and want to sell it to me.

Let's do a trade deal
If you want to sell your stuff to me, I will charge you an extra 30% which you can give to our Government
When I want to sell my stuff to you, you charge me an extra 30% which you can give to your Government
Second thoughts...No let's not bother with a trade deal we'll put it into Room 101.
If you want my stuff just buy it, and if I want your stuff I'll just buy it.

But what are all the politicians going to do now who like to spend their time discussing trade deals.....

Yes put them in Room 101 too!

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 23 Mar 2018, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

As politicians are already IN Room 101 you are going to have to install a Room 101 within the original Room 101 to put them deeper in (a bit like having a Hell within Hell!).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Re: Chambre cent-un open for deposits.....

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

elma wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 19:03 I'm putting Wasps in there, no need for them they're just nasty, flying and aggressive woodlouse.
is that a typo... shouldn't it read Politicians / Celebrities / Scottish Mozzies, cor the options are endless.

I second the 'Motorcycle Supplier idea' re 7mm stuff, sure I bought something in 7mm from an online M-Cycle vendor eons ago.

...dammit, that's my very own Rm101 for not reading the thread properly before posting HellRazor!!
Puxa
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

Also in Room 101, devices that update the time when BST becomes GMT and vice versa, without so much as a 'Your Clock was Automatically Updated' notification; leaving you to investigate
Puxa
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I remember once playing a game very late into the night. When I looked at the clock in the sys-tray it said 01:10. Later, when I looked again, it showed 01:18. When I looked again it showed 01:05. I thought this was somewhat unusual. It turned out that version of Windows did not have a flag system, so when it put the clock back an hour it did not 'remember' doing so. Every time it hit 02:00 it put the clock back an hour. When I turned on the TV it was 4 hours later than my PC thought it was.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 25 Mar 2018, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

that must've felt very weird!
Puxa
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Got to dump this in today.

Hiccup (or is it Hiccough?) with my bargain basement Clio.

Inexplicably failed to start on Sunday night. after running and starting perfectly for a while. It didn't even give a hint of firing.......timing belt snapped maybe?.......no as it turned out.

One more try just as the prospect of a nightmare journey home via AA recovery was looming large. Fired up and drove perfectly. Stopped and started it up a couple of times when we got home. Fine all systems go....minor unexplainable blip.

This morning and all day....no start, cranks fine, no spark no fuel! edit fuel at fuel rail!

So its an 03 Reg but I'm going to call it a modern car and whats going into Room 101 in a bundle are, ECU's, Immobilisers, Sensors, fuel injection systems, and if it turns out to be a broken wire within a wiring loom, B wiring looms and uselessly thin wires and thin insulation!

The most annoying thing..the stupid modern car is so "clever" that the lack of a spark and lack of fuel could well be caused by the car's brain shutting down those systems to deliberately prevent the engine starting, in an "I'm going to immobilise this just to annoy manner"

We'll save this thread for the dumping which is its purpose.....over on the Renault section I will start one of those threads that I have read many of, of the human being wrestling with the problems of French Electrics with very few winning!

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 27 Mar 2018, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

My old R5 used to play that game Neil... Must be a Renault thing :twisted:
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

CitroJim wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 05:37 My old R5 used to play that game Neil... Must be a Renault thing :twisted:

My neighbours baby Citroen used to do the same thing, she found that opening and closing the doors a few times would make it go, also waving the ignition key about close to the lock before inserting it would sometimes work.

She never did get an answer to why, part exchanged it for a Nissan Micra in the end.

She's 88 and drives like a boy racer. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I never found why my R5 did it either Gibbo...

And that one just had a carb and points... No electronics at all...

I guess it was flooding as foot hard down and lots of churning and it would eventually go...

Your neighbour sounds like she really enjoys life :D Good for her! I bet she's a bit of a laugh...
Jim