OTCL-20 a day habit

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

OTCL-20 a day habit

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Having an affliction for noticing numbers, there are days when the OTCL is a bit ...slow. Today so far is one of them.

I did notice at an average of about 20 posts a day the OTCL moved from 61,000 to 62,000 posts.

I would say that there are plenty of standard topics which are pretty easy to contribute too, so I would encourage everyone to lob up some new topics or to contribute to existing ones.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: OTCL-20 a day habit

Post by CitroJim »

I will do my best to come up with some Neil 😉
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

..and this post brings up the 20 for today! Let's keep that average up! or even better it.

Much healthier habit than 20 a day of these
20day.jpg

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 23:05
Much healthier habit than 20 a day of these

20day.jpg

Regards Neil

Isn't it amazing - a few years back it seems almost everyone smoked...

Now I have only a couple of close friends who still does and I can think of nobody else in my wide social circle who does...

But then many of my wide social circle are fit and sporty people for whom smoking is incompatible...

I used to be a smoker... Well-known for my 'prison-style' (very thin) roll-ups rolled with Rizla liquorice papers...
Internet Website
Internet Website
Gave up ages ago and never looked back... Hate it now... In fact I now show a distinct allergy to cigarette smoke...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Never been a smoker, other than the usual trying in out as a boy. No problem at all buying cigarettes then and our primary school teacher had a daily routine of sending Melanie over to the shop at precisely 11.00 every morning to buy him 20 Sterling, which he would smoke in the class!

These were the first in my experimentation...the literal dog-ends of the tobacco world

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/2 ... ngland.jpg

Glad they were so bad they put me off!

Always retained a a fascination for the artwork colours and branding of the old cigarette packets. Number 10 was also rubbish in that regard too!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 06:26 These were the first in my experimentation...the literal dog-ends of the tobacco world

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/2 ... ngland.jpg

Glad they were so bad they put me off!

Gosh, they were awful in the extreme :twisted: :lol:

There was another equally grotty one... The full name eludes me but 'Sovereign' comes to mind...

Last time I saw the cost of a packet of fags I nearly fainted with shock...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Of course this being the french car forum I should probably have selected these for illustration :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 10:17 Of course this being the french car forum I should probably have selected these for illustration :-D

Regards Neil

And these ;)
Yahoo Image Search
Yahoo Image Search
I always remember French fags, unlike their cars and food, being bloody awful - and horribly stinky... Even when I smoked I'd not go near French fags however desparate I was for a smoke...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Its ony 5.30 ish and we can all relax the 20 has gone for the day already. Yes the odd smattering of a few new topics combined with the old favourites does help with participation.

I don't even have to inflict select my three favourite cigarette packets (from an artistic point of view) to meet todays target :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I smoked fairly furiously for about a year in my early twenties,
Mainly Marlborough but also Camels and
114e6f0f439b59880d6fb5b36d338e9f--my-jeans-bad-habits.jpg
Then stopped dead one weekend.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 17:43 Then stopped dead one weekend.

That's exactly what I did Steve... One New Year's Eve... Just cold-turkey'd it and beat it...

Previously I'd tried all the 'aids to cessation' and none worked...
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hadn't tried before but then realised it was a rather silly thing to be doing and expensive too.

Stayed in a country cottage miles from anywhere (five mile walk to nearest shop) read Shakespeare in Swedish and never smoked since.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 17:53 Shakespeare in Swedish and never smoked since.

Sell that as a smoking cessation aid and make your fortune Steve!

It clearly works ;)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

From a bit of a smoulder the OTCL is crackling along nicely now. The 20-a day habit has been well passed today, so the 5 vouchers have been well earned. A mere 69,000 of them used to be able to "buy" you an early automatic washing machine from the Embassy Gift Catalogue!
embassy.jpg
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Oh, and my noticing numbers affliction has just kicked in again....

Another 6 posts and I will have hit 5,000! I remember at 3,000 I claimed (for myself) an Orange Belt progressing through the grades.

Now the colours of the belts can differ but Jim did suggest
CitroJim wrote: So.. Blue for 1000 Posts, red for 2000 Posts, orange for 3000, yellow for 4000, green for 5000, purple for 6000, Purple and white for 7000, brown for 8000, brown and red for 9000 and for 10,000 black (Shodan) !!!
That makes me a Sandan...
So my Green Belt could be imminent :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey