Hello again.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Hello again.

Post by demag »

Apologies for my absence but I've been quite ill. Christmas passed us by and we eventually opened our prezzies on Wednesday. Felt better yesterday but not quite as good today. Happy New Year to all.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Hello again.

Post by Paul-R »

Welcome back.

I have also not had the best Christmas although in a rather frivolous way. I had an ordinary cold the week before Christmas which I thought I had recovered from. Unfortunately what happened next is one of two things** that can occur - I became ill with a sore throat and inflamed sinuses.

I think I must carry the infection with me as it happens so often but it's just low-grade discomfort which leaves me feeling below par. I don't want to go to the doctor's about this. Apart from the hassle and waiting time I feel fairly sure they would just prescribe an antibiotic and that would also kill off the good bacteria in my gut. It then can take a long time to get back to normal "down there".

**The other possibility is that the infection goes down into my chest and I get an attack of bronchitis. Now this does need an antibiotic as it's more pernicious and otherwise will take too long to get over naturally.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good to see you back Dave and sorry to hear you've not been well :( I trust all is now well on the mend and it's nothing serious...

Likewise you Paul...

May all be excellent in 2018 :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

Was having tests and x rays all Christmas day Jim and got home about 6.30pm. I have another week of disgusting antibiotics to take but I know I have to do the full course. I had/have tonsillitis, chest infection then caught a head cold. I sat in bed last night and watched the fireworks then Jools Holland till 1.30am. The problem is I don't often get Ill so the odd occasion I get caught it knocks me off my feet. Wifey says I'm a wimp but I know she's been worried bless her. Be careful Jim you don't want this.
Dave
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Poor you Dave :( I know what you mean about not often getting ill... Paradoxically, I'm the same...

The worst part of all for you was watching Jools Holland I'm sure... Last time I saw him on NYE I wanted to slit my wrists :twisted:

Is it true the BBC keep him in a cupboard and only let him out on New Year's Eve? Seems so as he appears to pop up every NYE and has since the dawn of time but appears at no other time... Who is he anyway? Some superannuated Z-list so-called celeb? I only know him from the hideous din, piano assassination and cat-strangling he seems to do each NYE...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

Haha I actually quite like him Jim. I have a broad acceptance of all types of music. I like to see his drummer who looks about 90, never appears out of breath and bashes hell out off his drums.😁
Dave
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 11:57 I like to see his drummer who looks about 90, never appears out of breath and bashes hell out off his drums.😁

Ahh, now drummers are my sort of people Dave.... I could be a drummer :-D Great fun and exercise too ;)

They do say they're all completely stark, raving bonkers... Another reason I can identify with them :lol:

Hope you're well on the mend today [-o<
Jim

demag
(Donor 2016)

Post by demag »

Have a look at Anton Fig for bonkers drummers Jim.
Yes thanks Jim, today was a good day. I'm still coughing occasionally but felt (relatively) great. I'm hoping for another good night tonight and I may even step out of the door tomorrow.
Dave
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good to hear you're on the mend Dave :)
demag wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 20:37I'm hoping for another good night tonight and I may even step out of the door tomorrow.

Be careful, it's a bit windy out there today - or it was when I went for my morning run... I was blown along one minute and then running into a wall of wind the next...

The bike ride to work could be amusing this morning!
Jim