Map updates.

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Map updates.

Post by qprdude »

Now that I have the latest firmware for my RT6 System, I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation as to where to buy the mapupdates. Buy a CD or Download to USB? Go to Citroen official site or an alternative. Prices seem to vary quite a bit.
Has anyone got good or bad things to say about map update sources?
Most places seem to say 2017, or even 2018, but they seem to be collected by "Here",in 2016 /4 at best. Assuming this means the 4th quarter of 2016 there must be a newer update, or one due very soon?
Money is tight (Xmas and all that), and I don't want to pay double the price for the same maps, nor do I want to pay half the price for maps that won't work. :?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Map updates.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Obviously the official map source is Citroen Navigation Rick. They are supplied on a USB stick and can be bought for the whole of Europe or individual Countries. The EmyWay RT6 system is coded to the vehicle at purchase and a licence key is encrypted to the package so that it will install directly to your unit.

I can't go into other sources for obvious reasons - but suffice it to say there is a lot of fiddling about to get it to work. If anything goes wrong - no comeback!

As for the map data itself - ignore that utter rubbish about 2018! - dodgy and no such thing. The only map data that works with this system is the Here Maps Data - end of.
The latest file is 2017 /2 and that is the latest release (only just having come out). Yes the data was collected in the last 3 months of 2016.

They are all like this as it takes them this long to collect all the data across the world from the new roads, roundabouts and POIs etc and compile it for all the different systems. The will not be another map update for RT6 until usually this time next year. I'm still waiting for the Navidrive 3D version which is due about now - as my data was collected at the end of 2015!

The map software is not interchangeable between systems - they are all different, just so you are aware.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Cheers marc, any idea how long the UK and Ireland map would take to load.
Is this downloaded onto my own Memory stick, or sent by post?
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For the UK version (which is the whole of Europe) the USB is sent in the post to you Rick - only the smaller maps are available as a download.

The update process is dependent upon the maps being installed - however for the whole of Europe, allow at least 45 minutes to an hour (engine running) for the update to complete.

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

From the Citroen site, it looks like the UK and Ireland is a stand alone download at £69. The Europe maps , inc. UK, are £129, and available only by post, no download, which is only available for smaller map data.
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, correct Rick - I hadn't refreshed my browser - UK / Ireland for £69 if you're not fussed about the rest of Europe, and that is a download - so you'll just supply them with your VIN at the checkout process and they will customise the download for you.

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Cheers marc. I'll probably leave it until tomorrow as the neighbours might not appreciate my car running for an hour or so, although it looks like I could revisit the site, after creating an account, and download the files again.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Finally!
Downloaded the UK maps to my memory stick. Printed out the instructions(which were a touch confusing). Extracted the files to my USB stick . Got through the first bit. The last 6 digits of the VIN were already displayed, followed the instructions, entered the code selected the map, selected "update" and waited. Maps started updating but error message "Data incomplete or corrupted". Tried several times without success.
Found and formatted a different memory stick (although the first one was brand new and formatted).
Downloaded the updated maps again, extracted to the USB and shoved it into the port in the car. Needed several tries, as "update" was greyed out . Finally managed to get the code loaded and the update selected as it suddenly became available on the third try. Waited with baited breath and fingers crossed while the slider crept along. Just over 30 minutes later, I got the welcome message that map updates were complete!.
Full postcode search is working fine.
I'm now thinking that Marc's Firmware download instructions would have worked fine, and my brand new USB 32Gb Scandisk Cruzer Force memory stick was the problem with uploading to the car. It cost me £11 to buy a CD and £40 for the garage to upload the firmware from it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, although I did try the CD method myself without success. I'll be using the sat nav this afternoon, on a short trip that I've done before so we I will see how it performs. It has had a tendency to get lost on newer roads and junctions and I'm looking forward to a better experience. :-D
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well done Rick.

Unfortunately not all memory sticks are made equal and the Sandisk ones are notoriously bad - I would never recommend these ever - as I've ost count the number of times people have had issues with them - certainly with automotive systems.

Great News and I hope you get a long with it a little better now :-D

Marc