The Brits really tried.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

The Brits really tried.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

This is a couple of youtube videos that might be of interest to some. (not French)
[youtube] [/youtube]
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Re: The Brits really tried.

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 11:14 This is a couple of youtube videos that might be of interest to some. (not French)
[youtube] [/youtube]

Love Pathe films....even if on occasion there is a bit of embellishment for the cameras I think!
"The windscreen forms the fourth side of the tank, which contains water and thus supplies a more severe condition than encountered in a tropical rainstorm...as for the fish perhaps they are looking for leaks!"
aapathe.jpg
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re: The Brits really tried.

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

This is a nice little film about testing the fuel consumption..on the road of an Austin A35 off the production line by the RAC. Leslie Webb officiating for the RAC and Joseph Lowrey Joint Technical Edtor of "The Motor" doing the driving.
and the result...surely no faking under the watchful eye of the RAC, and the high security boot-lock!
Spoiler: show
Result - an average of 53.7 miles per gallon at 31.6 mph
"For economy combined with reliability and comfort, this is proof positive that the baby of the Austin range is still, as it always has been, the finest value in the world"

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey