Oil Change Interval.... Harumph, Nissan

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Oil Change Interval.... Harumph, Nissan

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Hmm, I hesitate to ask this here, but I'm getting nowhere fast any other way.....

....anyone know what the oil change interval is on a 2011 Nissan Micra (K13), 1.2 Petrol?

Mum-in-Law's new Nissan comes (cheap) with no Service History worth mentioning, no pre-printed intervals in the nearly empty Service History log (you write them in.... strange!); and clean looking oil, which I'll nevertheless get around to changing soon; having not seen fully synth before I don't know whether it'll look a lot fresher than Semi-Synth at much higher mileage.

My usually excellent googling has established nothing useful so if anyone's got a reference book and can advise the interval (and the recommended oil spec if that's printed there too), that'd be lovely

Thanks. :oops:

NB: owned about 3 weeks now, and it seems to be fine, gave the Dealer a look when he said the previous owner was a Vicar doing 20k a year, but then looked at the V5 and found the 'Rev's name on it!
Puxa
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Oil Change Interval.... Harumph, Nissan

Post by bobins »

Run the car's reg through one of the lubricant advisors as they usually include the oil change interval in them.

http://total-gbr.lubricantadvisor.com/
https://applications.castrol.com/oilsel ... b/c/search
other lubricant advisors are available :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

When google fails, I sometimes try duckduckgo which is a search engine aggregator.

Leasing companies tell you:

www.carleasingmadesimple.com/data/nissa ... intervals/

This USA Nissan service guide seems to say 7500 miles but confuses me no end, looks like the dealer wants you to visit almost weekly:

www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/2011/2011_N_SMG.pdf

Or you could look or even ask on the micra owners forum (who would have thought one existed?) - think yours is a K13, 4 generations on from Dr Who's electric dog. (yes, master)

www.micra.org.uk/forums/
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Thanks Guys, finally got there, recommended interval is 20k (Km); made a note of those links too, sure they'll be useful again. :-D
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd be doing it with a filter every 5K (miles) personally. I don't hold with these long service intervals... call me old-fashioned if you like...

Go to Costco or similar and buy diesel fleet oil in bulk and eBay for cheap (but decent) filters as I do and then do it often...

The old saw that a regular and frequent oil change is the cheapest and most effective service you can do to an engine is still true ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...