Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Re: Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Post by Stickyfinger »

It would be theft Jim, simple as that.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 18:22 It would be theft Jim, simple as that.

Yes, it surely would... Good job I have all the documentation for the plate here...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

Alasdair is correct, you are the owner of the plate and the name on the V5 is irrelevant.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have been advised that if you sell a car with a private plate on it you relinquish rights to that private plate. The person who advised me recently sold a vehicle with a private plate on it (they forgot to get it switched over to the original plate), and only got it back when the person who he had sold it to arranged to transfer it back (once the transfer fee was paid).

Saying all that, I would hope that the DVLA would get their left hand to know what their right hand was doing, recognise that the sale fell through, and with that all of the chattels linked to that sale would remain in the ownership of the seller.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks all, Ahh well, we'll see... Fact is, the plate has been on the market for ten years and not sold so it's unlikely to sell now...

I know something, if it has been stolen I'll not fight it. I just haven't the capacity for the stress or aggro that would result. It would be a shame but it's only a number plate at the end of the day...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

And when I phoned about it theu couldn't contact the owner and tried hard to get me to accept other numbers. I was bombarded with calls and emails. I wouldnt worry about it.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 04:28 And when I phoned about it theu couldn't contact the owner and tried hard to get me to accept other numbers. I was bombarded with calls and emails. I wouldnt worry about it.

True, I'm hard to contact Davie :) For good reason too...

I'm not worried at all... As I say, if someone wants it more badly than I then they're welcome...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

This forum really is full of the most lovely people :) Very top amongst that number is James (Hell Razor 5543) :)

The gardening book James promised to send me arrived today.

I was thinking and indeed was given the impression it was going to be a serious book...

This is what it turned out to be...

The cartoons within are brilliant and I've not yet stopped giggling :-D

Thanks James :) It's so appreciated!

In other news, for a while now, potentially long enough to tell, I've been working new hours and starting a 06:30 but more often considerably earlier... It seems to be working and I've really shifted some work :)

This, if I can continue - and there is a little disquiet at me starting so early due to lone-working considerations and so on - I may just be able to postpone or even cancel early retirement...

Which means the Activa can be returned to the road sooner rather than later :D

Fingers crossed... [-o< At the moment work are getting the very best of me and reaping rich rewards given the mountains of work I've been moving recently. If they scupper it on h and s or other petty grounds they will be the losers...
Jim

elma

Post by elma »

CitroJim wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 15:50

The cartoons within are brilliant and I've not yet stopped giggling :-D

Thanks James :) It's so appreciated!

This, if I can continue - and there is a little disquiet at me starting so early due to lone-working considerations and so on - I may just be able to postpone or even cancel early retirement...

Fingers crossed... [-o< At the moment work are getting the very best of me and reaping rich rewards given the mountains of work I've been moving recently. If they scupper it on h and s or other petty grounds they will be the losers...

Got me giggling too.

Very pleased the new work hours are more suitable Jim.
It must be a huge comfort to be so productive once again.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 16:06 It must be a huge comfort to be so productive once again.

It is :) It has utterly transformed my working life....
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am glad you like it. I am wondering how I gave the impression it was a serious book? I mean, I am me, aren't I? :D
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 17:42 I am wondering how I gave the impression it was a serious book? I mean, I am me, aren't I? :D

:lol: That;s true James, but believe me, you did!!!

or at least, that's how I read it... :)
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Might I make a suggestion that might help with the early morning lone worker concern? I assume that you are working in a location where there are security guards? If so, do you work in one area (or move around)? If you work in one area (and there are security guards) what you could do is to phone them every half an hour or so (to show you are still alive!). If you make use of the rest room you let them know when you head there, and when you are back. When you move location you also let them know. While this is a bit of a faff it could also alleviate the H&S concerns.

By the way, "Up the Garden Path" is very definitely from our era. It was first published 50 years ago!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Now that's an excellent thought James - parts of the site work 24/7 so implementing such a scheme would be easy... Thanks for that :)

Yes, I looked at the original publication date and I was surprised - the humour has stood the test of time really well but thinking on, I remember his cartoons as a kid when they appeared in the Daily Mirror and other publications of the time... I enjoyed them then and I surely do now :)
Jim

elma

Post by elma »

I often use that sort of line worker system here as some of my work is rather dangerous. It works well as long as you set an alarm. Otherwise it's to easy to get absorbed in work and forget. That usually leads to a panicked phone call from the office with a rollicking.