Chevrons Rally 2017

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Chevrons Rally 2017

Post by daviemck2006 »

Fake Concern wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 22:55
Citroening wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 22:45 2 Years and 7 Months since my last post on here... :oops:

Think it's high time to dust off something with some double chevrons on and come along to this...

Hi Franklin, it'll be nice to see you and makes me want to bring the C4 VTS now!

Take the vts Peter. It will be good to see how she looks now with the tlc she needed. I only said take the xm as I had never been in one, but I got that sorted last week, including driving it quite a few miles.
It would be good to see Franklin again too, he will need to find chevrons to take though!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroening wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 22:45 2 Years and 7 Months since my last post on here... :oops:

Think it's high time to dust off something with some double chevrons on and come along to this...

Great to hear from you Franklin :) Be great to see you if you are there on Sunday! I'll be easy to spot as I'll be on a bike... I warn you I look nothing like I did the last time you saw me...

Maybe you can recognise me from my avatar ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Make sure to wear those cycling glasses then Jim. :D
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 11:37 Make sure to wear those cycling glasses then Jim. :D

I always do James... They are essential for physical eye protection... An insect in your eye is a serious matter...

I will have a yellow helmet on though ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Thanks for the warm welcome back, gents, (Peter, Steve, Davie and Jim!) - it too will be very nice indeed to see you all :)

I feel that I am slightly behind the times from being away however I gather that although you're in another C4 VTS Peter it is a familiar one...!

I shall have to have a study up of the avatar then Jim... :wink:

Alas for my sins I don't actually drive a Citroen day to day anymore, however I do still own a few (mix of old and new) and have them tucked away in the barn for nostalgic purposes really. I have dusted an "old'un" off and got it ready this week, and I am planning to attend on Sunday.

Infact, I'm currently trying to twist my Dad's arm to take along one of my Modern's on Sunday too... One which you might particular like to see, Peter... :wink:

One of the other reasons for attending is that this weekend actually marks 7 years since the passing of Roger Bradford, and as this show never usually falls on this weekend, I decided it would be quite apt to attend.

Looking forwards to it, and seeing faces old and new :)
Last edited by Citroening on 15 Sep 2017, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I'm staggered that it is seven years since Roger passed. seems far less.

Nice to see you back Franklin. Won't see you as Sunday is pre-booked for me.
May be there tomorrow but the car seems to have developed a leak. Haven't been able to locate it yet.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroening wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 17:23 I shall have to have a study up of the avatar then Jim... :wink:

This one may help you better identify me Franklin ;)
Own Work
Own Work
I'm the one on the right :)

See you Sunday! I will initially be turning up in a Xantia but will not be leaving in one... Like you I no longer run a Citroen on a day to day basis...

On the rare occasions I do drive I now run a little Pug 207...
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I class my daily as a pug too, the 407 being it. I will be arriving in whatever Peter picks me up in, it will probably be his xm, not my old vts! It has needed a little tlc since Peter bought it but is still a decent car. When I leave though I will be the owner of two citroens and two pugs. Just until I dispose of the berlingo which may even be to a scrappy!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm on target to be at the rally late morning/lunchtime today :)
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

It's a miserable grey wet morning at Inverness Airport waiting for a plane which is delayed by 1/2 hour. Hopefully they are using a few extra horsepower and catching up some time and manage a quick turnaround. More importantly there is not a breath of wind so should be a smooth flight. I need that having already been subjected to shauns driving in a lowered fabia including him trying to race a porsche 911 on the way to the airport. Next time I will take a bus lol
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Weather is not much better down here Davie but it is improving... Should be good by the time you get here... This afternoon may see a few light showers - hopefully when I'm not riding my bike home...

Have a great flight - when it eventually departs... Good job it's not RyanAir... They have a new way to ensure punctuality now - cancel them :lol:
Jim