CitroJim wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 05:44
Why the heck is a fit young person like Shaun driving to the shops if they're only two minutes away? He should be walking
Cos hes a lazy bugger!
How do ee know 'e's fit Jim?
Actually, reminds me of my (late) cusin Fred, about who 'twas said "Fred wouldn't walk anywhere he could take tra'tor"
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club
'05 C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS
& the numerous "abandoned projects"
Just catching up, so let me add my congratulations - you obviously woefully underestimated your driving prowess AND, in circs, I'm delighted you beat me to Gabriel.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club
'05 C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS
& the numerous "abandoned projects"
Pleased to report that my fleet has nothing to report! The berlingo is going to be advertised for sale, it does not owe me a lot, as long as I get money back I will be happy. Im going to be coming to the chevrons after all, I just need to find out how to get there! I shall be driving home as that is when I shall be picking up Gabriel from Jim. So it should be a comfortable drive home. She or maybe its a he? will be primarily used for delivering pizzas etc with. Considering she is a bosch fuelled 1.9td, and my boss gets new veg for just over 70p a litre you all know what she will run on! As it looks just now, but not confirmed I will be having an early start on Sunday morning (really early lol) to get to Jims mid morning and then to the rally, but for that I need help lol. Next job is go asking for said help to see if this is doable, then booking it.
Im going to have a busy September then, with my week of sight seeing around the nc500 then getting down south the week after. Talk about the length of the country. All i would need to do is head west from MK and that will be the length and breadth in a couple of weeks. Then I will need anotner couple of weeks to recover lol
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Davie, I can confirm that with those leather seats in her, Gabriel is supremely comfy and she has the best ride of any non-hydractive Xantia I've ever known
CitroJim wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 17:51
Davie, I can confirm that with those leather seats in her, Gabriel is supremely comfy and she has the best ride of any non-hydractive Xantia I've ever known
I should never of given them to you Jim ....they are perfect :@)
myglaren wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 17:55
All my cars are gender neutral
Except perhaps the Fester that had Sarah on the back bumper.
There's a story attached to that too
The seats in Jim's Activa are phenomenally comfortable - just hope Gabriel is as good!
I always found my S1 LX to be perfectly comfortable but I don't have very stringent demands on seating.
The more people that are praising Gabriel and her comfort, the more I think I have made the right decision. I have been 1/2 looking for a 1.9td anything with a bosch pump for veg for quite a while, and not seen anything really. So this is ideal for me. Yes, it will cost me 75 to 80 pounds th collect it, and probably an overnight stay somewhere, but thats ok for getting a really sound car for 250 quid! I may even investigate setting up a waste veg oil strainer in the shed, as I can get copious amounts of it for free. 70p odd a litre for new veg is better than the £1.21.9 that derv is here, free even better! Let the fun commence when she gets here
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Don't go for waste veg Davie, Gabriel is a really good car.
Waste veg that hasn't been properly treated is quite acidic.
You might as well park her engine in the Sea.
Straining it isn't enough.
It needs trans esterifying with methoxide and then bubble washing.
The process is bloody dangerous if you're not au faux with industrial processes even if on a small scale.
Well actually it's still bloody dangerous, you have to know what you are doing.
Please trust me, I've made all the mistakes you could make here.
elma wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 23:13
Don't go for waste veg Davie, Gabriel is a really good car.
Waste veg that hasn't been properly treated is quite acidic.
You might as well park her engine in the Sea.
Straining it isn't enough.
It needs trans esterifying with methoxide and then bubble washing.
The process is bloody dangerous if you're not au faux with industrial processes even if on a small scale.
Well actually it's still bloody dangerous, you have to know what you are doing.
Please trust me, I've made all the mistakes you could make here.
I have just come to that conclusion reading up on a few articles on the internet. One article said the psa bosch pump is one of the few engines that will be happy on 100% new veg oil without any mods. So it will be ran on new oil or diesel only. Im not going to muck about trying to filter oil, then add chemicals into the mix, although they say leaving the oil to settle for a few weeks will work better than filtering. I will probably end up getting 25 litre tubs of veg and if shes slow to start maybe put in £10 of derv every 25 litre on veg. That should be ok and still save me some money on fuel
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.