Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Picture(s) of the day..

Post by CitroJim »

A nice Hampshire Fingerpost with a vaguely car-related theme...
Own Work
Own Work
These are quite new and are not original... The finial has the locality name on it as well as 'Hampshire'

There are a great many and all in the picturesque areas... I'm going to photograph as many as I can whilst down this way.

This is a big hazard when touring around the New Forest :lol:
Own Work
Own Work
They don't move either, you have to drive/ride around them :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 17:29 A nice Hampshire Fingerpost with a vaguely car-related theme...

P7240015.JPG

These are quite new and are not original... The finial has the locality name on it as well as 'Hampshire'

Nice pics Jim

Lymington only 2.5 Miles away?

You may find this clock shop interesting

http://www.dialsantiqueclocks.co.uk/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd be very happy in that shop Neil...

I rode through Lymington but could not stop to take any pictures as the traffic was awful... Looks a lovely place though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

CitroJim wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 06:07 I'd be very happy in that shop Neil...

I rode through Lymington but could not stop to take any pictures as the traffic was awful... Looks a lovely place though...

Ahhh....school hols and the New Forest......nice mix.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 10:13
Ahhh....school hols and the New Forest......nice mix.

Not to mention the New Forest Show in Lyndhurst this week :roll:
Jim

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Morning Jim. I'm a bit lacking in energy today but could manage a visit to you if you've got some downtime? Probably best to text me as I don't access this forum when out and about. Otherwise have a great day and keep safe out there.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

MikeT wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 10:34 Morning Jim. I'm a bit lacking in energy today but could manage a visit to you if you've got some downtime? Probably best to text me as I don't access this forum when out and about. Otherwise have a great day and keep safe out there.
Sorry Mike, been out on the bike all day getting lots of lovely piccies and having a brilliant tour. I'm just uploading to Flickr... I'll publish some later on here...

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is looking like the perfect day for a visit as it's going to be wet allegedly... Txxt me or phone me with a good time and I'll make sure I'm here... I'll be running tomorrow and likely cycling at some point as wet weather doesn't really put me off...

Here's my ride from today...

https://www.strava.com/activities/1100802029

I found a classic car garage in Bransgore and was in heaven, the staff invited me in for a proper look around. Got loads of pictures :)

Then I met a biker in all the period gear riding a 1934 Sunbeam with chair in Burley... Spent a long time chatting to him :D

It's been a great day...
Jim

MikeT

Post by MikeT »

No worries Jim, glad you had such a wonderful time! Tomorrow is possible, will let you know asap.
I thought I passed you on Station road (you travelling North towards Burley around 11:30?) but can't be sure - you all look the same to me, hoho. Black bike was the reason. Were you wearing yellow jersey and black shorts?
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 16:12 I'll be running tomorrow and likely cycling at some point as wet weather doesn't really put me off...

It's been a great day...

We have been lucky to enjoy a few of those nice holiday jaunts recently, the one last Thursday very much despite the weather, which was awful.

Randomly stopped off at the Tourist Information in Harrogate to find where my Red Clock Church was, came across the lovely! Studebaker Avanti, bagged the clock, and generally toured round places we wouldn't have gone normally in that area coming across a Rolls Royce Scrapyard' and the HS2 opposition at little Church Fenton in between Leeds and York which is going to be dumped on big style.

Couple of days later I got chatting to a holiday cottage owner up here in the wilds of Northumberland who lives within 5 Miles of the Red Clock church at Barwick, and who's best friend was on the "management committee" for want of a better word at the Church. He was literally gobsmacked that I knew so much about that little area from just a few hours visit! Again what were the chances of that happening? Probably quite high when you store up all sorts of geeky "fascinating facts" like me :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

MikeT wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 16:57 No worries Jim, glad you had such a wonderful time! Tomorrow is possible, will let you know asap.
I thought I passed you on Station road (you travelling North towards Burley around 11:30?) but can't be sure - you all look the same to me, hoho. Black bike was the reason. Were you wearing yellow jersey and black shorts?

That was more than likely me Mike :) Times are about right...

My bike is largely black with some bright yellow/lime green. Did you notice if the rider had a small backpack on?

I'll be on readiness for tomorrow then ;)
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 17:09 Again what were the chances of that happening? Probably quite high when you store up all sorts of geeky "fascinating facts" like me :-D
Likewise :D The rider of the Sunbeam bike was delighted that I knew so much about vintage bikes and he could have a full and proper discussion of them...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

This is my picture of the day for sure :)
Own Work
Own Work
1934 Sunbeam :)

Continuing my road sign and milestone love...
Own Work
Own Work
And a good reproduction of a pre-Worboys :)
Own Work
Own Work
Jim

MikeT

Post by MikeT »

CitroJim wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 17:34 Did you notice if the rider had a small backpack on?

I'll be on readiness for tomorrow then ;)

Didn't notice a backpack no, we passed too quick and you gotta keep a sharp eye out for bolting ponies, donkeys, cows, pigs, deer etc.

See you soon, Jim
NewcastleFalcon

Come on folks.....anyone got a POTD to entertain/amuse/inform/educate/stimulate conversation for today July 30th 2017!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Not me!

When I did have cause to take one I only had my phone and it was dead :(
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 17:26 Come on folks.....anyone got a POTD to entertain/amuse/inform/educate/stimulate conversation for today July 30th 2017!

Regards Neil

Not sure if this will suffice? Spotted at Castlepoint car park
Attachments
IMG_20170728_123849.jpg