Davie's french attraction.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I have just ordered a set of them. The fiver will be worth it if it saves me the hassle i had yesterday
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Davie, I can thoroughly recommend them. One of the most useful tools I have...
Also good for opening tight lids on jam and marmalade jars
Also good for opening tight lids on jam and marmalade jars
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Lilpug feeling the love. Bumper removed, rust removed and treated and waxoiled, new painted bumper, gti spoiler and spotlights fitted. Still got the chrome strip to fix back on, although it may not be chrome, and number plate to fit, and extra lights to wire up. It just had fuel filter to change, brake fluid and coolant to change, and I'm reading up how to do the camber to decide if I'm going to attempt my first ever cambelt, it seems a not too bad one to start off with
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Very likkle rust under there for 24 years old! Ill take the back bumper some day too, i need to paint it black and the lower bit blue to match the front. I am trying my hardest to preserve this one, even although I used it for deliveries one night, and, shock horrer, shaun pinched it and went to the shop in it! Thats worse than deliveries!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5303
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1593
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Hope he got a suitable ear bending once it was known he'd been using it!
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Zelandeth wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 22:33 Hope he got a suitable ear bending once it was known he'd been using it!
He came back saying he doesnt like it, because its a horrid automatic and hes not going in it again. His loading shovel at work is auto and he doesnt like it either. The shop was only 2 minutes away so i let him off.
Speaking of shaun he put 2 new tyres on the 107 today. Another two uniroyal tain expert 3. They really suit the 107, great grip wet and dry and good steering feel. The last pair did 15000 miles, the nearside was bordering on illegal, the offside slightly not so worn at just under 3 mm. £100 for the two fitted from the local tyre man, good enough price for decent grip. Ok some tyres may have lasted longer but we shop for tyres on grip, as far as i am concerned thats the most important thing.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Michel
Re: Davie's french attraction.
daviemck2006 wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 22:49Zelandeth wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 22:33 £100 for the two fitted from the local tyre man, good enough price for decent grip. Ok some tyres may have lasted longer but we shop for tyres on grip, as far as i am concerned thats the most important thing.
£100? Ouch.
They're £30.50 each at Camskill, add on £8 for delivery and 6 quid each to fit and balance (my chap charges that) and it's still 20 quid cheaper.
I prefer Avon ZV5s on the front of the Berlingo.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
A tenner here for fitting and balancing most places, with one guy charging 18 a tyre cos hes trying to get folk to buy their tyres from him. Theres never any cars in getting tyres fitted. I used to use him untill he got greedy. Personally I would have bought them online, but shaun was getting them so im not really caring what he paid!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Why the heck is a fit young person like Shaun driving to the shops if they're only two minutes away? He should be walking 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Michel
Re: Davie's french attraction.
daviemck2006 wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 00:36 A tenner here for fitting and balancing most places, with one guy charging 18 a tyre cos hes trying to get folk to buy their tyres from him. Theres never any cars in getting tyres fitted. I used to use him untill he got greedy. Personally I would have bought them online, but shaun was getting them so im not really caring what he paid!
Ha ha fair enough
Our local tyre man realised people will bring their own tyres to him, so doesn't rip them off for 10 mins work. Most buy their tyres from him. It's always well busy. He's priced it cleverly that most of his tyres are less than buying the same from Camskill and having them fitted. I paid £43 each for Avon ZV5s all in, including disposal of the old ones. They're £35 each online. I also took a mate's 2003 Picasso HDi for a new exhaust on Tuesday there. £292 for a while system including a new cat which I didn't think was bad. While I was there a woman turned up with a 12 year old Lexus 4x4 with a blowing exhaust - dealer only parts, well over a grand for everything needed to make it 100%. Guy made a phone call to a local backstreet chap for , he reckoned it was weldable for £50. Now that is honest customer service!
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
CitroJim wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 05:44 Why the heck is a fit young person like Shaun driving to the shops if they're only two minutes away? He should be walking![]()
Cos hes a lazy bugger!
Just looked at the service history for the 205 and discovered it had a cambelt and water pump in march 2014 at 29252 miles. Thats one job off the list for a few years then! Which is just as well really as i am on a suffering day today after yesterdays fettling. Its not that i did a lot, but it just shows how little I can do now.
The other thing I am doing is the Institute of Advanced Motorists driving test. I was out for a drive with a mate, who was an instructor with Stagecoach. He recond my driving is up to scratch now. Thats good, as I had been losing confidence. For anyone having confidence issues driving I would thoroughly advise it. It cost me £148 if I remember correctly to get the instruction, the test, and a years memdership. The test is conducted by an ex police advanced driver and is far more strict than a normal driving test. My aim once i have passed it is to continue in the IAM and become an observer then an instructor. I have the time to do it, and hopefully that will keep my confidence in driving up now I dont drive so much.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55047
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8378
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Good on the IAM Davie 
I'm wondering if it may be a good thing for me to do given my issues...
I may investigate...
I'm wondering if it may be a good thing for me to do given my issues...
I may investigate...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
For all the price of it I think it is well worth it Jim. Find out where your local group is and go along. You will get taken out with an observer to assess your driving with no obligation to join or sign up, then get a natter, a cuppa and a biscuit. It really has improved me, I was actually getting to the stage i thought i was becoming a danger at times. Its all about observation and anticipation, although you cant anticipate what half of the idoits that call themselves drivers are going to do!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.