Brief rant...careless smokers in cars...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: Brief rant...careless smokers in cars...

Post by elma »

Aldis finest, not mine as I don't eat dairy unless it's a no choice sutuation.

Dog is half lab though, he'd eat a block of wood if I told him it was food. This one even eats lettuce, I've known loads of dogs like salad but eat round the lettuce. Not Kelv, he wolfs down the lot.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 16:30
Hell Razor5543 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 16:00 I don't know if you use margarine, but if you do, the Flora ProActiv brought my cholesterol down into the middle of the normal range.

Pretend butter made in a plastics factory. :-D

To quote the HeeBeeGeeBees from their classic song : Meaningles Songs

"The world is very very large
And butter is better than marge"

A very rare live performance....... :-D

Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

BanBan
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 17:36 BanBan

Yes, anyone who smokes weed is a total plonker...

I tried it once, very many years ago, and could not see what the fuss was all about... Once was it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 17:25 Aldis finest, not mine as I don't eat dairy unless it's a no choice sutuation.

I'm looking to give up all dairy now James...

I'll miss the cheese but that's all. I already use more soya milk and yogurt than I do the dairy version so no problem there...

Cheese is a different matter though, especially smelly cheese with blue bits in it...

Is there any fat-free cheese?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

There's vegen cheese Jim.
The brand is cheesly if i remember correctly but the spelling may be off. Theres also melting cheesly if your nut burger needs some grease.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

One of my favourite clips from Predator 2 - smoking scene:

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My youngest is Vegan (yes, she has pointy ears) and buys vegan cheese.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

I just stopped 8 years ago, or 9, whenever 2009 was anyway. If I smell it on anyone, or anything, stale, I think it's disgusting BUT if I'm outside, especially on a sunny day and I get a whiff of smoke in a park, it occasionally really makes me crave a cigarette - I presume it's a trigger of fun times when I was a lot younger, sat outside in Greece in the summer with a beer and a packet of Marlboros or something.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oddly, Mike, I never get the craving whatever the circumstances... I think it was because I was hooked and never really wanted to smoke anyway... It is an insidious drug.

Same with booze - it holds no appeal whatsoever... I only ever drank beer when I was younger as it was the done thing... Always hated the stuff... Another very insidious drug...

Now, giving up cheese is going to be the really difficult one for me... And chocolate...
Jim

Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

CitroJim wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 04:49 Oddly, Mike, I never get the craving whatever the circumstances... I think it was because I was hooked and never really wanted to smoke anyway... It is an insidious drug.

Same with booze - it holds no appeal whatsoever... I only ever drank beer when I was younger as it was the done thing... Always hated the stuff... Another very insidious drug...

Now, giving up cheese is going to be the really difficult one for me... And chocolate...

I don't drink at all Jim, haven't for years. I do like a nice cider, and am partial to Baileys as well, but I've drank neither for years. I will one day, but when.. who knows? Last time I had a drink was exactly 3 years ago today!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Fags are the worst of the worst but I am also incapacitated by synthetic fragrances.
Bit of a long moan :( :

I have a day booked at the UK Biobank for MRI scans, X-rays, ultrasound scans and physical tests and they need to know who my GP is to send any worrying results to for follow up.

My GP retired a couple of years ago so I had no idea who it may be now - I avoid going to the doctors because:
I went there after work hoping things may have changed but as soon as I opened the door had to turn tail and run away - a wall of stinky perfumy stuff. will have to change doctors after 37 years :(

I need to see a doctor as the finger I cut off - or at least the remainder and it's severely damaged next door neighbour have become very painful recently and may need some looking at. Hasn't been a problem for years.
elma

Post by elma »

I can't stand strong fragrances either. When I was trying to be sn optician it used to bother me terribly. Some people seem to douse themselves in the entire bottle.

Im getting pissed off at the minute with my neighbour blowing smoke into my caravan. He's had one warning, about to get another and if we get to a third then I'm banning smoking on the entire site.

I do hope the paunful hand is sorted rapidly steve, pains no fun.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm the same with perfumes... I hate any artificial scent and many make me feel very nauseous and there's one, Nicotine chewing gum, that goes beyond nauseous - it makes me throw up...

Even our swimming pool is perfumed... Why is beyond me...

A woman wearing any perfume or any make-up is an instant turn-off for me...

My basic issue is that I have a heightened sense of smell, olfactophobia, along with photophobia and phonophobia. Living with all three at once is quite a trial at times :evil:

Steve, you're right about medical establishments... They really do stink...

You know, as this is a recognised condition with you, you can demand a home visit from the doctor; you do not need to attend surgery... Get one soonest as that finger injury sounds very worrying to me...

37 years is a hell of a long time to go, having not seen a doctor. I'd get an MoT done soonest if I were you ;) Again, no reason why it can't be done at home. They used to for dad.
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 17:39
37 years is a hell of a long time to go, having not seen a doctor. I'd get an MoT done soonest if I were you ;) Again, no reason why it can't be done at home. They used to for dad.

No Jim, we have been with the same doctors for 37 years, it isn't as long as that since was there but I do go very rarely.

Don't want an MOT as they will surely fail me :)