Brief rant...careless smokers in cars...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Brief rant...careless smokers in cars...

Post by CitroJim »

As I'm just about to hit 58 and currently sitting patiently waiting to see the doctor your post rather hit me like a brick Gibbo :( So sorry to hear that and my sincere condolences. What a rotten way to go :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

That is very sad, a major incentive to be smoke free too.

Jim, your fitter and healthier than me and 25 years my senior. The doctor is going to be jealous.

From what I've read healthwise the vapours harm is a tiny fraction of tobaccos. The big unknown at the moment seems to be the effect of inhaling from a heated metal coil which is likely to be very bad.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The doctor will doubtless bollock me for being under-weight again... We'll see..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

Thats just the jealousy mate.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 14:33 The doctor will doubtless bollock me for being under-weight again... We'll see..

Well, he might, if he spots you hiding behind the rake AGAIN!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
elma

Post by elma »

You're not off to the tree surgeon are you? Maybe an eyetest would be more beneficial.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

CitroJim wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 14:33 The doctor will doubtless bollock me for being under-weight again... We'll see..

I've got a bit going spare you're welcome to Jim 😁
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

:rofl2: to all of the above comments :lol: Love it!!!

She was actually very pleased with my physical state and was told to keep up the good work in that respect... I'll be returning to work next week - three half-days initially - and see how it goes...

Worryingly, and considering my diet, my cholesterol is right on the top end of normal and my doctor is keen to see it come down. Luckily my good cholesterol is a lot higher than my bad but both are too high for comfort...

I have now been tasked to bring it down by dietary changes... That's going to be interesting as I eat all the right stuff and very little of the bad stuff...

Looks like I'll be going vegan for a while and see if that works...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I don't know if you use margarine, but if you do, the Flora ProActiv brought my cholesterol down into the middle of the normal range.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
elma

Post by elma »

It'll be me next Jim. Finally went to dr then physio for my knee. I was pushed into it by a massive tree falling on me and aggravating the injury.

I'm on dodgy stretches for 2 weeks and then I'm allowed to start exercising again. I haven't really done any since before the Kidney stone. I'm going to start jogging the perimeter of the fields once a day. I'd rather cycle but the sort of bike I'd like is a lot more than a pair of runners.

I'll also be starting yoga on Monday as I'm about as flexible as my 20yr old v6 engine plastics, cant even touch my toes without cheating. I know I can only jog around 100m before my muscles are so tight that they hurt so flexibility first is a good move.

That will come with a change in diet, I'm fat for me at the moment. I usually only get half this much wobbly belly over winter and I feel bad for it. I'm not obese yet but I like to be able to see my belt buckle when I look downwards. I should really be 2inches smaller than I am around the waist at this time of year.

Im getting a freezer too which will solve the diet. I dont have time to cook on weekdays so my diet slips as the week goes by.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 16:00 I don't know if you use margarine, but if you do, the Flora ProActiv brought my cholesterol down into the middle of the normal range.

Pretend butter made in a plastics factory. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 16:30
Hell Razor5543 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 16:00 I don't know if you use margarine, but if you do, the Flora ProActiv brought my cholesterol down into the middle of the normal range.

Pretend butter made in a plastics factory. :-D

Yes, margarine is not good to eat. Allegedly dogs will not eat it and if a dog won't eat it then that's good enough to say it's inedible!

I need no spread on my home-made bread anyway. it spoils it...

I'm now researching sat-fat-free baking...
Jim

elma

Post by elma »

Just tested that, dog will eat margarine.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

025.jpg
Harnick General Foods PVT. LTD.

It is a pain. I frequently have to take avoiding action when merely following a car with someone smoking in it.
Stopped at lights this evening and another car pulled alongside with the driver belching out clouds of smoke (open windows).
Nowhere to go, had to set the aircon to recycle and stick it out until the lights changed.
Had it been any worse it would have caused chaos as I would have been unable to proceed and paramedics would have had to be called.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 17:07 Just tested that, dog will eat margarine.

What sort was it James? My belief may well have applied to those awful ones of years ago made with hydrogenated fats - a substance of pure evil...
myglaren wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 17:12
025.jpg
Harnick General Foods PVT. LTD.
I used to enjoy those kind of fags as a kid Steve :)

Even those are not good for your health!
Jim