Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Posts: 2537
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 14:45
x 402

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by van ordinaire »

C1 with benefits [-X
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
User avatar
demag
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 1441
Joined: 18 Oct 2004, 05:03
x 102

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by demag »

Nice cup of tea and a cheese sarnie for your trouble. :rofl2:
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55063
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

Good to see an update Davie :)

XU-engined 205s have a habit of cutting out at idle.. It was always a bugbear on the 205GTi and I spent years trying to solve it...

Or, at least trying to make it tolerable...

Am I correct in thinking your 205 have Bosch LU2 Jetronic injection just as the GTi has?
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

C1 bought and sold and new owner delighted with it 07 reg, basic vibe, 67000 miles, cat d repaired for a wing and headlight, newly serviced and two new front tyres and 11 months mot all for 900 quid. I have been paid. And not like that you bunch of pervs lol :teabag: and a meal in the local carvery sufficed :-D Now to get rid of her rusty old ford fusion with short test and slippy clutch. Car auction and take what she gets on Monday evening I think. I cant be arsed trying to sell it privately. It might end up in a scrapyard yet.

I think I have discovered where the clonking over bumps on beryl is coming from. Done the discs and pads, theres slight play on the inner track rod end on the passengers side. Nothing major then, just a bit of a PITA to replace. A new alternator should be here for it today, and it will get an oil and filter change too. 5 litres of asda 10w/40 semi synthetic for 15 quid will do fine for it. It wont be touched today though, its pissing rain here and im in a crash and burn day. Hopefully it is just a day, usually is just one day at a time with me.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55063
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

£900 for a C1 is a true bargain Davie :D Truly a lovely result!

When's the wedding then?

:lol:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

No weddings, ever again. Done that twice and i dont believe in 3rd time lucky! It was cheap as theres still a very minor dent on the left passender door which hasnt damaged the paint, but not really unsightly unless you were really fussy. Has absolutely no effect on the car at all.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55063
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 12:51 No weddings, ever again.


Same here Davie and no relationships either for me... I'm far happier with friends and I have loads of them :D

Still, from my one attempt at marriage I did get two wonderful daughters... And I still get on well with my ex...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

No more relationships for me Jim. 4 and 1/2 years now on my own and happy that way. My first and me are finally civil to each other, shes the mother of my "kids", the second one who stole 1/2 my house and a 12 grand car is a nothing now and its fine that way.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Well problems to report, with two vehicles and myself. Myself first, was working doing deliveries Friday evening, Saturday evening and supposedly tonight. It was incredibly busy on Friday, and on Saturday, untill I must have twisted akwardly getting in or out of the car resulting in me being in great pain, almost unmoveable and had to retire home to bed. Not much better today, hitting the painkillers hard which is making me drowsy so no driving or anything else for me today. I was intending a road trip next weekend, but thats now highly unlikely.

Vehicles. Beryl the blingo is still not charging. This is despite fitting another brand new alternator, its highly unlikely that the old alternator and two brand new ones are all faulty so there must be a wiring fault somewhere. Theres a small plug goes into the alternator which has been cut off the wiring loom, it has been replaced by a single wire on to one of the terminals and fed around the engine bay and disappears through the bulkhead into god knows where. I have a mate coming to investigate it.

Which brings me onto lilpug. I was using it for work, which i really dont want to do but I only had the option of it or bigpug. Bigpug is really not good around the doors which made lilpug seem the obvious choice. However lilpug didnt like doing deliveries, espically on the busiest night of the year so far and threw her toys out of the pram. She is coughing and backfiring all over the place and seems to be guzzling petrol at an abnormally high rate. I think it feels like the timing is out by a long way. It needs investigating too.

At least the bugbear of my life for the last seven months has gone. The work to the house at long last is finished, not to my satisfaction or as I was told it would be I may add and I now have a solicitor involved, and 3 weeks after it was finished the svaffolding has finally gone! It has taken phone calls, and the threat of being charged for storage of it, and eventually the threat of telling pikeys where they could uplift scrap scaffolfing for free to get rid of it. This is a Scottish problem I think,a company called Everwarm who have a dominance in Scotland fitting insulation to local authority homes as well as privately owned homes. They are the worst company I have ever had to deal with, and their own workers say that as well. Im told that the amount of complaints are unbelieveable and the management have no i terest in sorting things out. Local authotity tenants have no option but use them, but private owners, usually of ex local authority houses would do well to avoid them alltogether. My daughter had problems with them, they have been back to her 4 times before things were resolved, and on my house have not done a quality job as they claim, but done what i consider a botch job the cheapest and nastiest way possible, and had i known how bad it would be I would not have got the job done. Anyway thats my rant done, anyone considering using Everwarm for getting work done just dont.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11831
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2003

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Everwarm links to the Greens and the SNP are well know

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish ... 5110688424
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55063
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

Davie, on your Berlingo charging fault... Is the ignition warning light working? I ask as if this bulb is blown it can cause exactly the problem you have as it forms part of the regulator circuit for sensing voltage...

Hope the injury soon heals <prays>
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
elma
Posts: 3745
Joined: 13 May 2007, 02:17
x 287

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by elma »

Its the same across almost all ha work davie. Ive done rewires across the uk for them and not come across a single respectable firm.

Theres big profits in it but only if you skimp on materials and dont pay your workers as promised.
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14308
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3306

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 12:55 Davie, on your Berlingo charging fault... Is the ignition warning light working? I ask as if this bulb is blown it can cause exactly the problem you have as it forms part of the regulator circuit for sensing voltage...

Hope the injury soon heals <prays>

Now THERE is a thought. The light bulb is in the loop to (amongst other things) trigger the exciter circuit. My brother had a similar fault on his narrow boat, and spent ages trying to fix it. Eventually another boater with a wealth of knowledge spotted the light did not come on, and checked the bulb (which was blown). When he replaced it the alternator started doing its' job, and my brother did not have to use the mains charger to top up the batteries.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55063
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8386

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

That's precisely James... It's the exciter... I just could not think of the proper word when I typed my original reply so thanks for correcting me :D Brain still rubbish :twisted:

It's something that has foxed many people over the years...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

I shall have to check that when it gets investigated. Ive never really noticed it. Not in any fit state to go looking today.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.