New Berlingo spotted out on road test

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

New Berlingo spotted out on road test

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Browsing the Web I found this article, which I thought might be of interest;

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/funk ... spartanntp

Not sure about the paint scheme though!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: New Berlingo spotted out on road test

Post by CitroJim »

Looks like it's got a heck of a load in it... If ever a vehicle needed hydropneumatic suspension it is that one ;)

I've always said that a 'Lingo with proper hydropneumatic would be getting on for being the perfect vehicle...

Shape, to me, under that awful disguise, looks a bit frumpy rather than funky...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

The Berlingo has always looked a bit frumpy Jim!
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

CitroJim wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:35 Looks like it's got a heck of a load in it... If ever a vehicle needed hydropneumatic suspension it is that one ;)

Perhaps they're making them with air suspension on the rear, but to cut out any anxiety about how long it will last before it fails, they're manufacturing them already broken :lol:
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I think the general shape is similar to the old one. I liked mine apart from the crap engine and there was ample room for most stuff in there. Also for some reason the sliding doors used to rattle and it really wasn't obvious how to adjust them.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

demag wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 23:53 I think the general shape is similar to the old one. I liked mine apart from the crap engine and there was ample room for most stuff in there. Also for some reason the sliding doors used to rattle and it really wasn't obvious how to adjust them.

Looks like just a new nose-cone to me. The M59 - 2002-2008 shape is the best in my view. I wasn't keen on the later B9 version. Had a look at a few the last few weeks with a view to buying one to replace my 2004 one but they just didn't do it for me, and we've come down on the side of a German saloon, either a Passat, or as is looking more likely, a BMW 320 D M-Sport version on a 2011 plate. Better for the long journey's I'll be doing than a Berlingo.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 20:11
CitroJim wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:35 Looks like it's got a heck of a load in it... If ever a vehicle needed hydropneumatic suspension it is that one ;)

Perhaps they're making them with air suspension on the rear, but to cut out any anxiety about how long it will last before it fails, they're manufacturing them already broken :lol:

That did make me giggle!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Always makes me laugh that they cover them in that wrap.... ostensibly to 'hide' the shape - but if you see that going down the road you are immediately going to look at it; whereas if it was just another car you might wonder what it was, but take it no further. Perhaps that is the point!
Last edited by RichardW on 17 Jun 2017, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typos edited so it makes sense...D'uhhh!
Richard W
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

When Volvo began making the 850 they dotted some around the streets in Gothenburg and hardly anyone noticed :)
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I think they mostly spend their time on test tracks being set up. I saw the new civic in the odd wrap when I worked at Honda. It went between the test track, wheel alignment and a laptop. They were very secretive and a bit agitated that we were there. It hides the shape well. The car I saw had already been released in the states but was unrecognisable comparing a picture to the wrapped version.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The idea of that wrap design is to confuse the auto focus on cameras.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 18:11 The idea of that wrap design is to confuse the auto focus on cameras.

Ahh! That makes sense ;) You learn something new every day! Thanks James :)
Jim

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Didn't work on mine!
No I can't show you sorry, I'd be in trouble if I really had pictures of inside a car factory.

They also don't wrap it tight so it confuses the eyes as well.
If you look closely you can see it's not been heated to shrink it into all the nooks and crannies as per wrapping a car the normal way.
It's just stretched over as a sheet so a lot of what looks like bulges is actually just empty space between features.

Looking at the test tracks with a Drone would be so easy nowadays I imagine the press will be getting much better pictures of upcoming models as time goes by.
I'd actually quite enjoy doing that as a job but it's probably illegal and pointless.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I just thought maybe it's the electric one with the latest HEAVY duty battery pack. Geddit? Oh suit yerselves. :lol:
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote: 18 Jun 2017, 00:03 I just thought maybe it's the electric one with the latest HEAVY duty battery pack. Geddit? Oh suit yerselves. :lol:

:lol: Good one Dave!!!
Jim