GSA for sale

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

Stonehopper
My Cars: 1975 GS Pallas
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale
1960 2cv AZL (Belgian built)

GSA for sale

Post by Stonehopper »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-GSA-s ... 1998922118

I thought the registration rang a bell. I owned this one for a short time, so if anyone wants a little piece of its history - PM me.
Derek
CXPallas
My Cars: Xantia Activa V6
CX TRDS 2.200

Re: GSA for sale

Post by CXPallas »

:shock: It did not sell. :?:

What a bargain.

Unfortunately they would kill me at home if I bought it, we had one GSA a while back.

Wished I had more space/time/money for a GSA + CX. But definetely my family would kill me.
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Post by BenC5HDi »

Why didn't I see this? I've sent the seller a message asking if it's still available

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

It's in my area, about 10 miles from me.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Stonehopper
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale

Post by Stonehopper »

Derek
sonoramicommando
My Cars: 1991 Citroen XM 2.0 carb manual

Post by sonoramicommando »

Does LHD affect the value much in UK? Or is it not too relevant as LHD market is just across the channel?
Also a couple more questions:
- Was the rear windows aft of the C pillars have some funky striping, was it a factory option?
- When did they change the interior door handle design? Mine ('82) is a sort of stretched out S shape and handle connecting the opening knob to the armrest, whereas this one has armrest and door handle in one.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: GSA for sale

Post by mickeymoon »

sonoramicommando wrote:Does LHD affect the value much in UK?
I think for enthusiast cars like old hydropneumatic Citroens (pre BX/Xantia/XM) it's irrelevant now which side the steering wheel is on. Condition is far more important.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Stonehopper
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale

Post by Stonehopper »

Not a model I have seen before, but was from the factory as the GSA CHIC:
http://www.citroenet.org.uk/publicity-b ... -ads2.html

It's very 'Grey'!
Derek
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 109k one of two remaining
'03 206 GTi180 - 97k in pieces being brought back up to snuff
'03 206 1.9TD - home-built veg-fuelled B-road bruiser
'99 306 SE 2.0i cabriolet - 92k awaiting service work ready for next summer
'97 306 XS 1.6i 3 door, Bianca White, from dead 12 years & seized solid to road legal in 7 days

Post by ekjdm14 »

Stonehopper wrote:Another. Reserve not met - yet:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-CITROEN- ... 5#viTabs_0

Very nice, although I'm not sure the seller's idea of 'concours' tallies with mine... or maybe it's our idea of 'minimal work' that differs... OK it's a very tidy and reasonably straight looking motor but theres plenty to do to have it looking showroom. That coil wiring doesn't look French, in fact it looks a bit like household flex :? That said, it is a nice fairly original looking survivor and something that I would consider owning had I the time/money & space...

The greyness seems to have been some kind of special edition theme with smaller Citroens, our ZX elation exhibited a similar tendency toward the monochrome... That suited it well though, this not so much.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 109k
'03 206 GTi180 94k in surgery
'03 206 1.1S XUD9TE/veg project :mrgreen:
'99 306 2.0SE cabriolet 95k summer toy
'97 306 XS 1.6i 99k sat 12 years, fixed in 7 days, 150mile maiden voyage :rofl2:
sonoramicommando

What I was asking about LHD value is obviously given the same condition...
Not all that "chic" compared to standard models in my opinion. I'd rather have my standard blue interiors...
Yes, it's a bit of a stretch to say that the car will be concours standard with minimal work.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
Stonehopper
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale

Post by Stonehopper »

I have two cars that are LHD, and find/have found generally they are not disadvantaged in either the value or insurance premium stakes here in the UK. The disadvantage is in driving, when forward vision past vehicles is a little compromised. That in turn leads me to hang back further, which in itself can be no bad thing. Lots of mainland Europeans bring their cars and camper vans to the UK and in the main drive well enough. Wish I could say the same for certain Eastern block articulated lorry drivers!
Derek
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

My first car was a LHD G Special 1129cc in New Zealand, so a lot of my formative driving was done on the wrong side of a car... How a LHD Citroen ended up in NZ I don't know, it must have been one of the only ones there! (I don't think I ever saw another one, and LHD cars of any model were very rare in NZ)

I got used to driving the car easily enough and using the gear lever with my right arm I actually found easier, however I always found the visibility for passing or pulling out of parallel car parking was a massive problem, along with small inconveniences like not being able to reach the ticket dispenser in a car park etc...

It was my first car so I was glad to have anything Citroen but I would not voluntarily buy or drive a LHD car today in a RHD country unless it was something really special like an SM where there was no alternative to LHD!
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
sonoramicommando

Mandrake - You did rather well :) - given NZ roads are quite appalling, it would have made driving a LHD GS even worse and it would have made overtaking on an open road practically impossible (but then you may not have had the need for overtaking in a GS ;)). I know it wasn't much fun test driving a LHD SM!
There are plenty of yank tanks LHD imported from the US here by the way. There are some rarer LHD only Euro cars also.
Stonehopper - My point about LHD value in UK was in comparison to places like here - as you guys are readily able to travel to (and possibly sell in) LHD countries but we can't. My experience is that LHD are a lot cheaper than RHD (or RHD converted, if only LHD available ex-factory) - that is unless the originality is important.
2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi
1982 GSA Pallas
A couple of bikes
A boyracer car ;)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

sonoramicommando wrote:Mandrake - You did rather well :) - given NZ roads are quite appalling, it would have made driving a LHD GS even worse and it would have made overtaking on an open road practically impossible (but then you may not have had the need for overtaking in a GS ;)). I know it wasn't much fun test driving a LHD SM!
Having lived in the UK for 8 years now (well Scotland at least) I can confidently say that the roads here are in a much worse state of repair than New Zealand! :rofl2:

I used to complain about the potholes in NZ but there are potholes here that will swallow entire wheels, I kid you not, and some parts of the roads near Glasgow look like patchwork quilters have been hired to do the job... finding a section of road that is smooth and uninterrupted by patch after patch or broken up potholes is rare indeed - only things like the brand new section of M8 motorway are smooth.

In NZ an entire length of road that is potholed or crumbling, is generally ripped up and resealed wholesale, (one of the main roads near my home in Whangarei was fully resealed about 3 times in a 10 year period!) here in the UK they put a bit of temporary fill into the potholes that leaves bumps and lasts 6 months at most and then you have potholes again with chunks of loose tarmac spread around the road. Apart from new road constructions I have never seen a length of road actually completely ripped up and resurfaced here. Every time it is dug up to access pipes only the narrow strip dug up is re-filled. And that goes for pavements as well, which have as many potholes, strips and patches as the road! #-o

Then you have the issue that apart from motorways the roads in the UK are so narrow that parked cars are half onto the pavement just to allow one lane of traffic through on what is theoretically a dual lane road. Or the fact that the design of older intersections, junctions and roundabouts here are completely haphazard, confusing and non-nonsensical. They also lack the overhead hanging lane direction signs that are common at intersections in NZ, so when you are approaching an intersection you have no idea which lane to get into because the only indication is a faded arrow painted on the road that is either covered by the cars in front of you or can't be seen until its too late anyway.

One junction you'll need to be in the left lane to go straight ahead, the next one in the right, then the following one the left again! Which means if you don't have local knowledge of the roads you'll frequently end up in the wrong lane forced to take a wrong turn.

Sure, there are no "metal" roads here that are unsealed like there were in the country in NZ as all country roads are sealed, but last I heard a lot of those country roads in NZ are sealed nowadays anway...

But on the whole apart from the few remaining metal roads, the city and main roads in NZ are vastly superior to drive on than those in the UK. Much wider roads with room for parking and two lanes of traffic and then some, smoother, less potholes and patches, logically designed intersections whose lanes are clearly marked with overhead signs. And most intercity roads have frequent overtaking lanes - there are almost no overtaking lanes here on A and B roads, you usually have to wait until the road changes into a dual carriage way, if it ever does.

I would give anything to be driving on NZ roads again after 8 years driving here. :twisted:

As for overtaking, no the 1129cc G Special was not much of an overtaker even if it wasn't LHD! Even keeping up with traffic on the slightest hill would be down to 3rd gear as 4th was strictly for cruising on the flat only - it had nowhere near the torque in 4th as even the 1220 let alone the 1300...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Bick

Post by Bick »

ekjdm14 wrote:
Stonehopper wrote:Another. Reserve not met - yet:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-CITROEN- ... 5#viTabs_0

Very nice, although I'm not sure the seller's idea of 'concours' tallies with mine... or maybe it's our idea of 'minimal work' that differs... OK it's a very tidy and reasonably straight looking motor but theres plenty to do to have it looking showroom. That coil wiring doesn't look French, in fact it looks a bit like household flex :? That said, it is a nice fairly original looking survivor and something that I would consider owning had I the time/money & space...

The greyness seems to have been some kind of special edition theme with smaller Citroens, our ZX elation exhibited a similar tendency toward the monochrome... That suited it well though, this not so much.

Also see the seller's feedback, ive sold plenty of vehicles on ebay and i have never had one person leave a negative comment - i would walk away with the feedback alone.