I-Spy Classic Cars/Bikes-What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Classic car Spring/Summer Collection-2017

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That is it, Neil. While there were several Ferraris there they did not interest me. The Jaguar XJ220 did, which is why there is a photo in there (and, being Buttercup Yellow, I think Jim might like it), as did the two Jensen Interceptors.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 17 May 2017, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Now I know nothing about these two "ordinary" MPV's up for auction from the Renault stable, but a good 15 years old now. Surely unless the buyers are mad, these 2, with their 3 litre engines, odd looks, and no reserve, are potentially going to be a "bargain"??!! Who knows, interesting to see what they go for.

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/aucti ... l=avantime

You have to laugh at some of the descriptive BS
Renault wowed the crowds and the motoring press with their 2+2 Coupe GT MPV concept when they revealed their Matra inspired styling exercise at the Paris Motor Show in 1998.
I think crowds and the motoring press must have been a little too easily "wowed" in 1998 :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

In the background behind the green Triumph Stag is the Parade Ring and Unsaddling Enclosure. You can just see (behind and to the right of the Presentation Canopy) a 11/10 scale bronze of a famous Ascot horse. This horse is Yeats, the first horse to win the Ascot Gold Cup 4 times (2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009). I was there from 2007, and the roar that went up after the 2009 winning announcement ("First, Yeats,...") should have been heard for miles around, and drowned out the rest of the announcement. I had a £5 bet on him to win, and he did not disappoint.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Here's my oddball spot of the day from yesterday afternoon, spotted in the Wolverton Tesco car park.
IMG_20170518_183220.jpg
Not something you see every day!

...In fact, no now I think about it - my spot of the day yesterday was actually sighted as I was exiting the Sainsbury's car park around 8 in the evening when what should go the other way down the road, but a 70s era Dodge Monaco. Odd enough, but what immediately drew my eye to it was that it was a pretty darn faithful recreation of the Bluesmobile from the first Blues Brothers movie - complete with the megaphone strapped to the roof. Sadly I was driving or that would definitely have been photographed...Odd to see two American vehicles in one day though.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I saw that one myself when I went to Wolverton Tesco yesterday Zel!!!

It must have been there ages as when I went at around 11:00 the car park was utterly rammed but in the afternoon when you took the picture it looks almost empty!

It's not a bad looker for a Yank Tank!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote:More open-toppage James. I have to say in my 40 odd years of motoring I have never had an open-top car. The nearest I have got so far is my Triumph GT6 with its Webasto Sunroof. Unfortunately all I have got right now of the GT6 is the well oil-stained Haynes Manual!

Another spot for me on Sunday, and one I am well-familiar with, getting its first outing of the year a DRK three-wheeler, again in a gorgeous blue, based on a Renault 4, one of only 59 built. Bit info about the DRK here http://www.3wheelers.com/drk.html.

Now he just flashed past but I am 90% sure he had the full flying helmet and goggles on!

Yes I'm awarding myself 50 points for that!

Regards Neil

Today, in convoy through my own bit of Northumberland I spotted 5 DRK's on a litttle outing, and knowing for a fact the location of a Northumberland DRK which could have joined in but for a leaking radiator, thats 10% of the World population of DRK's. No camera so no evidence, but if one gets 50 points, 5 get 250 at least, plus a bonus of 50 points for a very unusual spot. Nice red one brought up the rear, some had the rag top up because it was dreich, but others went for the genuine open toppage feel despite the drizzle and occasional heavy showers.

Regards Neil

Not being "glaikit" I went for the spelling as per this article of the word which prefectly sums up this morning's Northumberland weather borrowed from the Scots!

This very car was one of the five

DRK Renault 3-Wheel Kit Car TGT903W - photo by Retro-Motoring
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Interesting article on the World's largest classic car restorer, and a surprising location

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/classic ... -restorer/

and a few Classic events over the summer months

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/cl ... -calendar/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

There's plenty of open-toppage spotting to be had with the sunny weather, pity the DRK's chose the worst day of for their little outing. Couple of notables, a left hand drive TR6 with "foreign" plates in dark blue, and a red Morgan.

The LHD Triumph had me thinking back to this lovely German conversion, the looks, the performance, and the pleasures without the dirty hands and the pool of oil on the garage floor!

Originally posted up on page 2 of the Electric Vehicles thread, but worth bringing up again!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I'm fairly certain that De Ville is the one I'm toying with making an offer for.

Seems like somebody beat me to it, 'cos I can't find it on that well known auction site now - that's what comes of brinkmanship crossed with uncertainty!

Jim, never been sure about the looks, the previous, square, more traditional later Caddy appealed more BUT this was something a little special as it was a "Concour" so doesn't have the swathes of "chrome" below the rubbing strip like the Fleetwoods (even by Detriot excess standards, I thought it was ghastly) & is, actually, the sporting version, the eqivalent of the STS (touring sedan) sub-model in every other range.
Last edited by van ordinaire on 27 May 2017, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Two 205 gti owned by the same guy who was at the same show as I was last week. My 205 was at the other side of the tent. These two are immaculate. The blue one is a 1.9 and just had a near full restoration and the black one is a 1.6 and a tidy original car.Image

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
NewcastleFalcon

Another hot sunny day, and a notable spot for me today one of my favourites.

Got some original photography which hopefully isn't too out of focus to put up later. Very much linked to my avatar

and this badge to the fore

It was a 2013, so not a classic yet, and parked up so the top was down. Cream colour with the distinctive interior. Yes I would quite happily have one of those in my stable :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

.and here's the original photography
L.Falcon own work Richmond N.Yorks 26/05/2017
L.Falcon own work Richmond N.Yorks 26/05/2017
Attachments
L.Falcon Own Work Richmond N. Yorks 26/05/2017
L.Falcon Own Work Richmond N. Yorks 26/05/2017
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

In the local LIDL car park today was this group. Fairly obviously together by the registrations and the rally plates on some of them. Were they all shopping in LIDL? or just taking advantage of some free parking?

Apologies for the rubbish photos, but I only had my wife's Iphone 4 with me... Now she is using that as justification for a new phone.
Attachments
LIDL Beaune
LIDL Beaune
LIDL Beaune
LIDL Beaune
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

xantia_v6 wrote:In the local LIDL car park today was this group. Fairly obviously together by the registrations and the rally plates on some of them. Were they all shopping in LIDL? or just taking advantage of some free parking?

Apologies for the rubbish photos, but I only had my wife's Iphone 4 with me... Now she is using that as justification for a new phone.

Behind every man, success or failure, there's a Jezebel or a Delilah. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You'd have thought I would have seen no end of automotive interest on my 80 mile bike sportive yesterday but I recall seeing nothing of interest at all...

Maybe I was too concerned with getting my head down and going up those Somerset hills and down the other side of them... :lol:

I'm still trying to rack my brains but no, nothing...

Saw lots of very exotic bikes though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...