Room 101 open for deposits.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Chambre cent-un open for deposits.....

Post by CitroJim »

Home Sweet Home for me :) I love my own bed above all...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Rather late in the day, I discovered hostels - an interesting alternative, for a couple of nights.

I'm sure there's a Dutch Xantia van, & possibly an Irish one - to replace the BX's those markets got.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Chacun a son gout. :wink:
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Room 101 open for deposits.....

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The cyclist often gets an airing on the FCF, but in a moment of rare TV watching, I discovered Laurence Fox, of Morse/Lewis or similar fame, managed to persuade Frank Skinner to put "Cyclists clad in lycra" into the "real" Room 101.

Now this was not all cyclists, and the traditional cyclist, as illustrated by Philip Larkin cycling into a churchyard with a brown overcoat on, escaped being put in 101.

Others were trying to argue that it was quite reasonable for the enthusiast to try to mimic their "Tour-de-France" heroes by wearing the appropriate Team outfits in their normal cycling activities. Frank did say just because you like Formula 1, you wouldn't consider commuting to work in logo-ed up fireproof overalls in Team colours. :-D

Regards Neil
Last edited by myglaren on 14 Jul 2017, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YouTube link
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 23:47Frank did say just because you like Formula 1, you wouldn't consider commuting to work in logo-ed up fireproof overalls in Team colours. :-D

Oh, I don't know...

I've cycled to work dressed in this in the past...
Own Work
Own Work
I've changed into normal clothes before starting work though...

Lycra is strictly for riding and nothing else... It is not comfy in any other situation, unlike my running kit...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

The entire discussion on Jeremy Vine today about the 5 year old selling lemonade without a permit from a little table to festival goers, and being landed with a fine for £150 from 4 enforcement officers from the Council., and ending up crying all the way home and asking "did I do something wrong daddy?"

Those were supposedly the facts.....more likely lazy media journalism...eloquently and politely pointed out by some callers.

Regardless of my own opinion, or possibly the complete opposite opinion of others, the interference of the presenter with his own bias, and the failure to present the facts, left the irritated listener i.e. me, shouting at the radio in a vain attempt to get Vine to get the responsible adult who was in the studio, to respond to some very valid points raised rather than let him get away with it, take no responsibility at all for the incident, and avoid answering the questions raised.

Typical of this little trivial discussion, and interviewing,/presenting, if you can call it that in general.

So I am going to bin that particular discussion, rather than Vine himself., and give him the benefit of the doubt till next time :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 21 Jul 2017, 20:44

So I am going to bin that particular discussion, rather than Vine himself., and give him the benefit of the doubt till next time :)

Regards Neil

Ahhh ! I think you might have missed the point of the Jeremy Vine show - he's there to fill the gap between Ken Bruce and Steve Wright as cheaply as possible.... possibly because they spent all the budget on him :lol: Accuracy and balanced, well argued discussions don't really come into it :rofl2:
Last edited by bobins on 21 Jul 2017, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I am so pleased I don't watch TV or listen to the radio!
Better coverage Here and no stupid voices to have to contend with.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I no longer listen to BBC National Radio except for an occasional listen to R4.

I've been listening to BBC 3CR - our local BBC radio station. It is truly excellent... Try your own local one Steve ;)

I deposited Steve Wright, Chris Evans and that awful Yank on R2 weekend mornings into Room 101 ages ago...
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I can't abide the presenters Jim, even Classic FM only gets a half hour in the morning before I go to work. and then perhaps once a month.
CDs only for me.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's a shame Steve. Perhaps 3CR is unusual but it has a great mix of good easy-listening music and intelligent presenters - works a treat for me. It's good listening and company from 04:00 right up to bedtime...

Classic FM got binned I'm afraid as I just cannot bear, in common with all commercial stations, the adverts :D Adverts I find are an insult to my intelligence generally and how they are repeated ad-nauseum is intolerable.
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Yep, the ads are annoying but I filter them out.
Fairly immune to adverts as I treat them all as bovine excrement.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

You are lucky Steve. Adverts are like a sharp, acute pain to me :evil:

I'm watching the Tour de France on ITV4 at the moment and can just tolerate the ads because I really want to watch the bike racing... Luckily they come in blocks so I can walk away and do something else when they come on...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Drop links and rusted nuts and threads, my large molegrips which have disappeared just when I needed them, and tyre fitters who windy gun wheel bolts so tight that said bolts have a 20% probability of shearing off when attempts are made to remove them.....

...yes and any other one spanner jobs which change into unnecessary nightmares due to the demon rust :-D

job done but room 101 gets a few deposits out of the frustration

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, I'll agree with all those Neil :twisted:

Room 101 is too good for the fitters who wind their windy-guns up full-tilt though...

I'm trying to think of a decent punishment for them...
Jim