Room 101 open for deposits.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Chambre cent-un open for deposits.....

Post by daviemck2006 »

Im going to throw seagulls, known by various names, pulies, scurries, flying rats, vermin, and lots of swear words when you have just washed the car and they use it as target practice. A protected species too they are. A shotgun would fix them. The housing estate i live in is a breeding ground for them, and its breeding season right now

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Not sure where to put this....not funny enough for "Funny Pictures and Videos", not musical enough for the "P.E. Jukebox" yes I know brief 2 minutes of fame and then straight into 101!

I give you "Musical Tesla Coils"....much prefer the Animals version :-D although on you tube there are more examples, maybe its a niche new genre....could be entertaining at the end of an alfresco beer garden evening event at the PE if any of the punters are good at DIY Electrics! The crowd at the Tesla coil music concert at the University of Illinois Engineering Open House, 2013 seemed to enjoy it.

Anyone want to save them?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Glamping

Glamourous Camping. Probably not the actual accomodation because some are interesting, but definitely the prices some charge.

But thats not the main focus of the dump into 101 of glamping. It's the word, and there are many others in that category, the blended word.

It takes with it the dreaded British Exit in its blended form.

I hesitate to condemn all such blendings, exceptions to the general dumping can be made, to allow salvation on the following grounds...

Humour, outstanding appropriateness, or creativity.

So one exception of great simplicity I am saving on the grounds of outstanding appropriateness is...

Smog.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Smog can stay as it is such a rarity these days. Haven't encountered any since I-don't-know-when.

Glamping sounds appalling. Motile restriction with a G-cramp.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Glamping is no different to staying in a static caravan except it's made of canvas...

Robyn has tried it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hers had a wood-burning stove in it!

Glamping falls into the same category as electric bikes for me - many love them and they have a definite place but neither are for me...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Glamping

Glamourous Camping. Probably not the actual accomodation because some are interesting....

But thats not the main focus of the dump into 101 of glamping. It's the word, and there are many others in that category, the blended word.
No I can't put the accomodation in. In addition to glamcan (my own creation...glamourous canvas), I quite like the Shepherd's Huts, Old Railway Carriages, Bedford Horseboxes, etc kitted out with their Showers and Toilets, and breakfast brought to you in a little basket. No doubt many have wifi and TV and other such modern day "essentials" :!: :-D

Definitely the "blended Word" and before it gains worlwide usage I'm putting my own "glamcan" straight away into 101!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sod all of that Neil, I'd rather have my own home and bed any day... I no longer fo these so-called holiday things any more. Never been very keen on the if truth be told... Unlikely to indulge ever again now... Home is good...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Same here Jim. There are some places I would like to see but generally dissuaded by the effort involved.
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

I'll stay anywhere if there is a clean bathroom and shower for me to use.

That rules out tents. Please put tents into room 101. All of them, without exception.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

mickeymoon wrote:
That rules out tents. Please put tents into room 101. All of them, without exception.

Yes yes yes! Caravans too.
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Chambre cent-un open for deposits.....

Post by mickeymoon »

myglaren wrote:
mickeymoon wrote:

Yes yes yes! Caravans too.
Yes! They are the Devil's own hotel!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Not mine, it's my home and it's a lot less hassle than a house.

Do as you wish with the rest of them.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Tents definitely but you know, these days caravans can be remarkably civilised... I'd not put them all in Room 101...
Jim

van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Some of us just like to travel, accomodation is very much a secondary consideration.

I didn't really discover camping/tents 'til I got a 2CV - it's a lifestyle thing! Now I'm quite content to crash in the back of the C15 (or the Caddy, if I'm at an American car event).
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I used to do tents, then bivvy bags, then the back of the Scenic and finally a Van. Hotels are the only one I won't do, having worked in the industry I trust them about as much as a starved rabid Grizzly Bear. Nowadays I stay at home but I have the itch for another Van. I've made up with the Xantia though so it's tricky as I'm a one vehicle guy.