lexia 3

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: lexia 3

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The original system should work fine - it is highly unlikely the car will be stolen because of the immobiliser which is separate and will lock the engine dead without the transponder codes, and if the alarm is tampered with or the car is broken into, or the power supply is cut the alarm will go off from the separate power supply. I mean if somebody is going to want to take something from your car, they will smash the windows regardless and take it - any alarm won't stop that. But the immobiliser is a separate system from the alarm. The BSI, Engine ECU and Transponder systems are all linked together and won't start without the key and the transponder codes which are cycled.

The systems fitted to the UK models are Cat 1 Thatcham approved and have the following features:
Remote, Transponder, Software Lock, Ultrasonic, Inclination Sensor & Central Locking with Deadlocks. Good enough for Bentley, good enough for my C5!

So are you talking about an alarm for when somebody breaks into your car or an immobiliser system which your car already has?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
barbrady
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 tourer (x7) RHR AM6

Post by barbrady »

For an experienced thief the deactivation of a genuine alarm and immo means some seconds. If I hide an additional one somewhere in the car that makes it harder his job, and after some additional minutes he will leave the car, and looking for another one. Because nobody will know this place only me. And my new system also combined with immobiliser. See this video, with an Audi A6.
Last edited by myglaren on 28 Apr 2017, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YouTube tags
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I know BMW and Mercedes had issues as they made about 10 keys for each car and kept them at the factory - but people were cloning and selling them on then thieves were going into the dealers with fake ID and getting the keys or codes. BMW also had vulnerabilities and had to do a software update to try and fix the issues. Most cars from 2008 on (certainly with the C5 X7) have the newer Thatcham certification.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc