Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by wurlycorner »

Loads of Tesla Model S's round my way.
Great looking car, inside and out.
Fantastic sales team too - the most open of all the marque's at Goodwood FOS motor show every year, letting anyone climb in/out of the cars and play with anything and everything.
I would willingly have one.

Quite a few Leaf's round here as well. That's a decent looking car too, IMO.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Couple of charging points at Rheged which is about 400 yards off the M6 at Penrith, one of which occupied by a Leaf counting as 7 points in snooker!

Zap Map has the details here

https://www.zap-map.com/pts/sdlnej2/

Far more interesting than a motorway service station. Nice soft play and activities on the top floor for younger children, and an outdoor play area too, and easy to spend the required time for recharging.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 18 Apr 2017, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Saw two Leafs (leaves?) Yesterday...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Just seen in the Swedish press that Tesla have recalled 53,000 cars with brake defects.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Oops!!!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Spotted one of those bmw i8 I think twas?? The low wide sports car thing, mrs said you could see him visably breath in as he tried to squeezee through past the parked cars his side the road! :-D I reckon one of his tyres cost more than my car! ;-) :-D
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote:Spotted one of those bmw i8 I think twas?? The low wide sports car thing, mrs said you could see him visably breath in as he tried to squeezee through past the parked cars his side the road! :-D I reckon one of his tyres cost more than my car! ;-) :-D

:lol: at the breathe in comment...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

RichardW wrote:Saw a white Zoe this afternoon - complete with obligatory blue Renault Badge!

I seem to be seeing a lot of Zoe's lately too - I'd say they're neck and neck with Leaf sightings for me lately!

In particular there are two that I seem to see every morning on the Coatbridge to Glasgow leg of my M8 commute - one white the other dark metallic grey. An OK looking car I suppose, and one of the few current EV's that isn't weirdly styled and looks more or less like a normal car, perhaps why I haven't noticed them before. The only styling quirk that annoys me is the diamond shaped rear lights! :twisted:

I think I read somewhere that only the original 22kWh Zoe has the blue badge - the new 40kWh I think has a standard badge, so the only thing identifying it as electric is the Zoe name. It's not until you see it up close that you realise that a Zoe is actually a pretty small car.

I'd say its "super mini" size, and is quite a bit smaller than a Leaf which I'd call "mid sized", around the same size as a Xanita. How Renault manage to fit a 40kWh battery in a car that is quite a bit smaller than a Leaf, which has a maximum of 30kWh I don't know. If I was the cynical type I would say that whilst having first mover Advantage Nissan has fallen behind on the battery development front! (I think even Leaf owners agree on this point)

Especially odd given the Renault-Nissan alliance! That alliance apparently doesn't extend to sharing battery development...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Looks like Leaf's still vastly outnumber Zoe's, if you go by the Electric Vehicle Drivers Association membership survey!

http://evda-uk.org/

I'm certainly seeing a lot more Zoe's around than that pie graph would suggest though.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
Hell Razor5543 wrote:I spotted 3 Tesla's today (1 blue, one red, and one grey), one on the M25, and the other two on the M23.

Nice gallery of Tesla Colours and a poll on preferences from teslamotorsclub.com.....Grey has very nearly come out on top so far, only a few votes behind Red/Signature Red

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... otos.9956/

Regards Neil

What, Grey ?!! Heathens! :shock:

Surely Red is the best, and I think I actually prefer the slightly toned down darker Signature Red over the brighter plain Red, which is a wee bit too in your face.

The Blue is also very nice, and is probably my second favourite colour for cars generally, behind Red. I've owned a Blue Xantia before more or less the same colour.

Oddly I find myself liking the Metallic brown as well! It wouldn't be a first choice, but in a second hand purchase I'd have no problem with that. It's more like a browny-gold than fence paint brown!

All the other colours, Yech!! White - boring! Black - boring! Grey - boring! Silver - boring! (Yes I know, my two current cars are Grey and Silver! Not my choice...) Green - not boring but green is not my colour.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

wurlycorner wrote: Quite a few Leaf's round here as well. That's a decent looking car too, IMO.

If you ignore the frog shaped nose and the odd rear lights. :lol: Other than that it is OK looking.

I wouldn't mind being seen in one but I certainly wouldn't pick it out for its styling if it was an ICE. I suspect a lot of people buy it because its an EV and they are looking for an EV, not because they like the styling. I think a Xantia has MUCH nicer and more timeless styling than a Leaf.

Rumours are that the new 2018 model showcased this September will be restyled, so we'll see what they do with it... I think they'll be forced to restyle the body of the car to make room for a bigger battery! If they don't release a significant battery size jump with the new model customers will leave them in droves for longer range EV's...
Simon

1978 CX 2400
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Mandrake wrote:
I think I read somewhere that only the original 22kWh Zoe has the blue badge - the new 40kWh I think has a standard badge, so the only thing identifying it as electric is the Zoe name..

The French Car Forum maybe :?: :-D It's very good for that sort of thing :!:

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I am seeing a lot of EVs now and possibly as a result of my awareness of them being raised by this topic!

Lots at work these days.. Many Leafs and a few Zoes along with a good smattering of Teslas and not forgetting our own on-site fleet of electric Renault vans used by our FM outfit...

The construction of our works car park charging station is progressing but very slowly. It looks like a task to be done when there's nothing better to be done!

All the chargers in central Milton Keynes are always busy and I see now a lot of the small shopping/community areas out in the 'burbs are starting to get them too...

None have so far arrived in Newport Pagnell though...
Jim

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote:I am seeing a lot of EVs now and possibly as a result of my awareness of them being raised by this topic!
I'm certainly a lot more aware of EV's being around since I started paying more attention. Leaf's are everywhere, but in white (by far their most common colour, ugh!) they are despite the funny nose a fairly anonymous looking car!
The construction of our works car park charging station is progressing but very slowly. It looks like a task to be done when there's nothing better to be done!

All the chargers in central Milton Keynes are always busy and I see now a lot of the small shopping/community areas out in the 'burbs are starting to get them too...

None have so far arrived in Newport Pagnell though...

I was surprised to see when looking at plugshare.com today that at least two new rapid chargers have sprung up out of nowhere in my general vicinity in the last few days! One of them is off the M8 between Glasgow and Edinburgh located at Livingston. That's funny because it was only last Saturday that I dropped my mum off at Edinburgh airport and used the nearby park and ride rapid charger by the airport for the return journey, and I know for a fact that the only other Rapid charger on the route home is at Whitburn Library about half way back. Now there is one at Livingston as well! :-D It's so new that it's not yet listed on zap-map.

Slowly but surely, they are increasing.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote: Slowly but surely, they are increasing.

And hopefully hit critical mass very soon...

Give the amount of running and cycling i do in urban areas I do, the sooner the EV becomes the norm and I no longer have to breathe the exhausts of ICE vehicles and it becomes economical for me to get one the better...

Running as I do early in the morning is a very good illustration that cats take a while to warm up and a petrol car running cold is an awful thing to be near whilst breathing hard...
Jim