Peugeot 301

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Peugeot 301

Post by demag »

Now that I finally have Diagbox set up I was looking through the pretty pictures and came across the 301. Wow what a nice looking car, probably ZX, 309, BX sort of size and yet there are no plans to bring to the UK.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Peugeot 301

Post by CitroJim »

That is quite a car Dave.. I'm amazed there are no plans to bring it here as it looks like a perfect car for the UK...

But then again, it's not some giant SUV is it so possibly no demand now everyone seems to drive SUVs - or that is how it appears...

Down this way conventional or traditional cars are a real rarity now.. I don't know if that says something about the folk who inhabit this neck of the woods and is unique to here or if it is a UK-wide phenomena...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

And here it is, the Turkish version...

Courtesy of Wikipedia...
Attachments
By Mr.choppers - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=24927677
By Mr.choppers - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=24927677
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

CitroJim wrote:But then again, it's not some giant SUV is it so possibly no demand now everyone seems to drive SUVs...
it seems pretty country-wide to me Jim and strikes me as a triumph of marketing over commonsense - my old mate's got a nice turn of phrase "The thing about commonsense is it ain't that common". Even if that is the case tho', am glad someone's buying new cars, else old bangers like I'll only ever be able to afford 'd never be worthless.

I note, as an inhabitant of a rural village; that such vehicles seem to be far easier spot in my nearest reasonable sized urban towns; ironic really.

Something else I noted recently, on a Saturday afternoon visit to my local supermarket's filling station [rather pay the extra few pence for Shell next time] is the queue of CLEAN vehicles waiting for the car wash; the way the queue progressed while I was there, the wait alone would've been at least 3 or 4 times the 10mins it'd take to do it oneself.

Maybe its time to get me pipe n slippers and talk about "when I were a boy"
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote:Maybe its time to get me pipe n slippers and talk about "when I were a boy"
:rofl2: I often do nowadays.. The latter, not the former as I don't possess any and don't smoke!

Yes, I agree with every word you say there... A most excellent and succinct appreciation of the world today :)
Jim

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Yes the worrying thing is when you see these giant SUV's they're usually hurtling towards you in the middle of the road driven by some young mother with a mobile suitably ensconced in the ear!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote:Yes the worrying thing is when you see these giant SUV's they're usually hurtling towards you in the middle of the road driven by some young mother with a mobile suitably ensconced in the ear!
Sadly yes, I had an SUV dangerously undertake me on my bike this morning - on the internal roads within our works compound where a strict 15mph speed limit is in force and a speed I was comfortably doing!

Justding by the state of the driving I saw this moring anyone would think today is National Drive Like An Idiot day :twisted: :lol:
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: RE: Re: Peugeot 301

Post by daviemck2006 »

CitroJim wrote: Justding by the state of the driving I saw this moring anyone would think today is National Drive Like An Idiot day :twisted: [emoji38]
I thought that is every day espically when it comes to giant SUV, BMW, Audi, White vans, taxis, pizza deliveries etc lolol

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Just as well I drive a Silver Van, then.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

And i deliver kebabs lolol

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

You know the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw that photo? More modern looking Lada 2110. Just to my eyes has a very similar stance.

Which is a compliment from me, as I quite like the look of the 2110 (and the estate version which was the 2111), sadly they never made it to the UK. No...That doesn't mean I haven't toyed with the mad idea of importing one some day. Yes, Sam Glover of Practical Classics, I blame your escapades for planting that idea in my head...

Shame we won't see that Pug, looks quite a handsome car I think. My recent experiences with my parent's 207 (x2) and 208 were all very positive to be honest. The only real criticism of the 207s were that they were maybe a bit bland, and suffered from the usual modern car curse of feeling like you were trying to observe the outside of the car through a submarine periscope because there were so many blind spots. 208 seemed a bit better in that regard and had a lot more character. The last one my father only had a couple of months before giving up his licence, was a 1.6 BlueHDi and I kid you not, that thing was a hoot to drive. Properly quick and really planted through the Twisties, sad to be honest I never got to take it out for a proper blast. ...Still lost my mate in his Jag bringing it over to his new house though...At completely legal speeds of course.

If I was looking at a new car, that's actually one I would seriously consider just now.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.