Electric vehicles-Conversions

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Electric cars/vans/bikes-Conversions/Secondhand..etc

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote:Ironic that the icon used for Mk is obviously (to locals) a stylised version of The Point, a building that has been a commercial flop, and is now slated for demolition...
The nearer to demolition it gets the more iconic it gets Zel!

Worse still might have been a cow's head as our town icon...

I' was amused to see the medal I hope to win from running the MK Marathon next month is in the form of a cow's head wearing dark glasses...

It does raise a point that MK has yet to have a really recognisable icon as the other three tows have... Any suggestions for a good one?

I can't think of anything... For Newport Pagnell I can think of several but not MK...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Got to be the tree lined boulevards hasn't it Jim? Greenery is always the first visual thing which comes to mind. Either that or a shot looking down The Centre with the building fading away to vanishing point...
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote:Got to be the tree lined boulevards hasn't it Jim? Greenery is always the first visual thing which comes to mind. Either that or a shot looking down The Centre with the building fading away to vanishing point...
I like that Zel or even perhaps a stylised the beacon on top of the hill in Campbell Park...
Attachments
MK Campbell Park Beacon...  Picture in Public Domain
MK Campbell Park Beacon... Picture in Public Domain
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Good point on the beacon. Only reason that didn't pop to mind I think is that it hasn't been there a massively long time, it replaced a wooden sculpture what, ten years or so back? After it was damaged by lightning for the umpteenth time...
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Put something up on picture of the day for Milton Keynes Fans---what's the thing on the left?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I am all for the leccy hairdrier transport. Let the markets decide etc. However, it will be a long long time before ICE is superceded for it's all round use in every kind of transport and work situation. Electric motors are and have been the largest industry in this world for a long time, so nothing new there. The best they can come up with ATM for my small boats is a Torqueedo. I do use other small electric outboard motors but they are very limited. Bang for buck, a good 5hp four stroke is tops . Torqueedo is no use to me, and neither are the leccy cars. As long as they are of use to someone though, that is what matters.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
NewcastleFalcon

lexi wrote: The best they can come up with ATM for my small boats is a Torqueedo....
http://media.torqeedo.com/catalogs/torq ... 017-uk.pdf (page 18,56)

Just had an interesting diversion into the Torqueedo Catalogue and looks like for some of their motors they use BMW I3 Batteries.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Electric Vehicles-UK News

If Portsmouth is in your neck of the woods, you could grab 50 points for I spy Electric Vehicles, if you hover round the RN Dockyard. They have just taken delivery of 48 100% Electric Nissan e-NV200 Combis.

https://electrek.co/2017/03/14/royal-na ... tric-vans/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Put something up on picture of the day for Milton Keynes Fans---what's the thing on the left?

Regards Neil
That's the XScape. Containing among other things, an indoor real snow ski slope (first in the UK?), a multiplex cinema, various restaurants, retail outlets, and more recently, an indoor skydiving centre.

Odd looking building I'll give it that.

A useful reference point as well these days when Google Maps insists on rotating itself to some random orientation whenever I open it rather than putting north at the top where it should be...Takes me far longer to spot what's going on there than it really should.
Current fleet:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

On a clear day XScape can be seen from miles away from any high vantage point.... I can even see it from my office window...

The retail outlets are of great value to me as they contain, amongst other things, a bike shop and a running shop... Many of the outlets are concerned with sporting activities. There is also a proper music shop stacked with electric guitars :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Something is going on in Oxfordshire I have discovered. Enstone to be precise. Serious investment from venture capitalists into a company called "Charge"
Denis Sverdlov, founder of US$500m investment firm Kinetik, said: “Our vision is to find the world’s brightest minds who share our energy, commitment and drive and help them create game-changing products and technologies to improve the way we live.”
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/roborace-truck-charge

This electric truck can be built by just one person in four hours
The electric truck is being built by the same people as the autonomous racing series Roborace.

If you click on the article the vehicle in question will probably trigger a "marmite" reaction, its "odd" but maybe "odd" is also interesting!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Terribly boring in a headwind, exciting with a tailwind. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote:Terribly boring in a headwind, exciting with a tailwind. :)
Not to mention a sidewind!!!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Electric vehicles U.K. News

Relax everyone The Government have a committee working on it :)

Every little helps though, and if their consultation turns into a bit of action, great.
MPs to inspect role of electric vehicles in UK Industrial Strategy

consultation

MPs from the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Select Committee have today (16 March) launched a consultation into the role of electric vehicles (EVs) in the UK's low-carbon transition.
Iain Wright MP Chair of the Committee said

"As a Committee we want to investigate concerns that electric vehicle sales and roll-out are not as advanced as they should be and that people may be put off buying an electric car due to a postcode lottery of charging infrastructure, with the availability of charge points varying substantially across the country."

One thing about the good old United Kingdom though, you can have the chance to input into the process if you so desire. Written submissions are invited to the consultation by 13 April 2017. Should I give them my tuppenceworth......?

The chance is here :!:

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... les-16-17/

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Who says electric cars won't be interesting to race or can't be track raced ? :)

https://electrek.co/2017/03/17/electric ... ds-weight/
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive